Mr Methane to blow away audiences

Reyn

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 03:50 pm
Mr Methane to blow away audiences

The world's only full-time performing flatulist is promising to "blow away audiences" at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.

http://www.ananova.com/images/web/1374555.jpg

Mr Methane, alias former train driver Paul Oldfield, will reveal his unique skills in a show called An Audience With Mr Methane.

In it, he tells broadcaster Martin Kelner how his 'talent' came to light when he accompanied his sister in yoga practice.

He discovered - to his surprise and delight - that he was able to take in air through the rear, retain it, and then expel it as and when he chose.

At first, it was nothing more than a party trick to entertain fellow railwaymen, but eventually Mr Methane found that by careful control, he could pick out a simple tune.

He gradually expanded his repertoire, which now ranges from Strauss's Blue Danube waltz through to Kylie Minogue's I Should Be So Lucky.

Using audio visual aids, Kelner will tell the Methane story, and may join him on a moving rendition of Da Doo Ron Ron, "performed fore and aft".

Mr Methane will tell how he conquered the Howard Stern show in America, did sell-out tours in Australia, and became a star on Japanese TV.

"He wanted to call it Working My Passage but I persuaded him not to," reveals Kelner.

---------------------

Reyn says:

"At first, it was nothing more than a party trick to entertain fellow railwaymen [...]" Laughing

Heck, this guy should definitely be on "America's Got Talent"!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 677 • Replies: 13
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 03:56 pm
He can fart on key. He did a sphinctral version of "Its Only Rock and Roll" on the Howard STern SHow that brought the house down. G E N I U S.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 03:57 pm
i saw a few of his stern appearances.
he's quite the, er, musician Laughing

(he pronounces it weird -- "MEE-thane"...)
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 04:12 pm
You guys have actually seen and heard his performances? Wow, my kingdom for an autograph! :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 04:29 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV8boXLV0ik
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 04:34 pm
It's best watched from a distance, I would imagine.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 04:47 pm
I think he stinks.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 04:49 pm
Here, DD:
http://www.littletreesracing.com/images/tree.gif
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 04:54 pm

Thanks for the link, RP!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 12:33 pm
I must say [sniff, sniff] that I am deeply touched and honored that this thread has made the Featured list!

[holding up trophy]

Thanks, guys! Very Happy
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 12:36 pm
I'm afraid to ask what this guy uses for a "pitch pipe."
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 12:38 pm
Reyn wrote:
I must say [sniff, sniff] that I am deeply touched and honored that this thread has made the Featured list!

[holding up trophy]

Thanks, guys! Very Happy

Quick, Mr. M! Gonna Fly Now (Theme from Rocky). And-a-one! And-a-two!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 12:40 pm
DrewDad wrote:
I'm afraid to ask what this guy uses for a "pitch pipe."

Yes, the devil's in the details, isn't it?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 12:46 pm
His manager used to be a funny guy, but tongue-in-cheek humor just doesn't work for him anymore.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Mr Methane to blow away audiences
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 10/03/2024 at 03:17:15