Dog drives car

Reyn

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 03:12 pm
Dog drives car

A Chinese couple received a police caution for trying to teach their dog to drive.

Traffic police at Liunan spotted a car driving too slowly on a local expressway, reports Nanguo Morning Post.

As they pulled in behind the car, officers were amazed to see a dog with its front legs on the steering wheel.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h246/Reyn2244/dogdriver.jpg
Niu Niu at the steering wheel

The dog's rear legs were resting on the woman driver who was controlling the foot pedals.

"We immediately signaled the car to pull over," said one of the patrolling officers.

The woman says she and her boyfriend came up with the idea of teaching their pet dog, Niu Niu, to drive after noticing the expressway was nearly empty and the weather was good.

Police gave them a warning ticket and asked them to take a more responsible attitude when driving on the expressway.

-----------------

Reyn says:

I don't see the problem here. The dog wasn't speeding and probably didn't "drink and drive" either. He certainly wouldn't be giving any one finger salutes!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 420 • Replies: 7
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 03:25 pm
The license, reyn. He would have failed the written part of the test.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 03:43 pm
Well, you never know, he might just pass!

As a matter of fact, that's the title of a follow-up article: Dog passes written car test!

I think it should sell well.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 03:59 pm
Then there's the unexpected stops for fire hydrants.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 04:43 pm
He was borrowing the car from Toonces:
http://www.geocities.com/eled4373/myspace/toonces.jpg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 04:45 pm
Neither the dog photo'd nor the cat are wearing seat belts..
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 04:55 pm
Lap belts only -- shoulder belts are no good when you're under 3 feet tall. 'Course that begs the question of air bags.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 04:58 pm
I believe dogs are exempt from wearing seat belts, but officially, they are supposed to be using the booster seats.

Nice pic of the cat driver, by the way. Laughing
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Dog drives car
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/03/2024 at 03:14:28