Man dies after urinating on train track

Reyn

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 12:31 pm
Man dies at London's Vauxhall station after urinating on train track

Tuesday, 22 July 2008

A man who was killed at Vauxhall's busy railway station died when he reportedly urinated on the track, police said today.

British Transport Police confirmed the 41-year-old was electrocuted at Vauxhall station in south London at around 5.20pm on July 12.

He walked on to the track from Platform 1, a BTP spokesman said.

According to The Sun, the Polish tourist went to find somewhere discreet to go to the toilet and his urine splashed on to the live rail.

The newspaper said he was a married teacher who was believed to be visiting the UK to improve his English.

A spokesman for London Ambulance Service said a fast response unit and two ambulances were sent to the station but the man died at the scene.

According to Network Rail, more than 60 people are killed on railway lines each year.

---------------------

Reyn says:

I guess there were no toilets in this train station? Rolling Eyes This is a dumb accident that didn't need to happen.

Everyone knows that peeing on live train tracks will kill them! :wink:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 415 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 12:38 pm
wow, that's a pisser...

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 12:42 pm
Yeah...who would know not to pee on a train track? Rolling Eyes
This will be a good lesson for my boys...who like to use nature as a toilet. Come in, use the bathroom...you just never know when it will save your life.

My dog peed on the electric fencing one time...luckily he didn't die...but judging from the howl that came from him, it hurt pretty badly. Poor puppy.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 12:45 pm
My uncle told me to pee across the pig wire when I was young, and new to the farm.

Nothing quite like the sensation, I must admit...

Shocked
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 01:00 pm
poor Rocky:lol:
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 01:03 pm
Even the hogs got a laugh, if I remember. Gramma heard me clear to the farmhouse, over a 1/2 mile away...

(hurts still, just thinkin' of it)

Embarrassed
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 01:04 pm
it DID hurt...okay - thanks for the clarification :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Man dies after urinating on train track
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 07:32:11