Fish pedicures?

Reyn

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 09:56 am
Fish pedicures: Carp rid human feet of scaly skin

ALEXANDRIA, Va. - Ready for the latest in spa pampering? Prepare to dunk your tootsies in a tank of water and let tiny carp nibble away.

Fish pedicures are creating something of a splash in the D.C. area, where a northern Virginia spa has been offering them for the past four months. John Ho, who runs the Yvonne Hair and Nails salon with his wife, Yvonne Le, said 5,000 people have taken the plunge so far.

"This is a good treatment for everyone who likes to have nice feet," Ho said.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h246/Reyn2244/pedicure.jpg
Tracy Roberts, 33, of Rockville, Md. has her toes nibbled on by a type of carp called garra rufa, or doctor fish, during a fish pedicure treatment at Yvonne Hair and Nails salon in Alexandria, Va. on Thursday July 17, 2008.Reyn says:

I couldn't see myself doing something like this. How about you? $35 /$50 isn't cheap either.

Laughing Hopefully, some prankster doesn't replace the fish with piranhas.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 401 • Replies: 5
No top replies

littlek

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 11:02 am
Hell yeah! Those fish clean other fish's mouths and scales. The little tiny red and clear shrimp you often see in salt water fish tanks will clean out underneath your fingernails, too.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 11:05 am
Looks fun!

I spent every summer at the lake growing up, I'm used to having little fish nibble. A little tickly, not bad at all.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 05:13 pm
So you gals wouldn't mind coughing up the dough to try this out? Seems pricey.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 05:24 pm
yuck
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 08:48 pm
Gee, of all the folks on A2K, I thought chai would be the first to line up for this! :wink: Laughing

tsk, I am shocked, totally shocked, I say!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Fish pedicures?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/03/2024 at 12:18:54