I have found the Holy Grail

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 09:12 pm
Chai wrote:
ok, here's a question....

How many bras do you own?

gentlemen, feel free to join in, I understand the allure of wearing womens underwear.

Probably 10 but only 2 are comfortable and fit well enough that I'll wear them for more than a few minutes.

How many tank tops with a built-in bra shelf do I own? Probably another 10. I'll wear those before I'll put on a bra.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 09:52 pm
Good lord ladies. I have one word for you -- Nordstroms.

They employ a bra fit lady. You can find her wandering with a tape measure and she will happily give you nothing short of a momogram to find one that fits.

You do know how to measure for a bra don't you?

Measure right underneath your boobs. Add 4 inches to that number -- that gives you the band size -- 24, 34, 44 whatever.

Then measure around the biggest part of your boobs -- each inch over the first number is your cup size: Say the first number is 44, if the second number is 45, you're an A cup, if the number is 46, you're a B cup; 47, you're a C cup, and so on.

From there just try on a bunch of different brands until you find the one that is most comfortable to you.

The only thing worse than a bad fitting bra is being made to wear pantyhose in August in Texas.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 11:04 pm
Interesting....At 68, I still have my highschool/college mindset...bras and breasts.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 12:51 am
Yep, I've been fitted and have also done my own measuring. They just don't make affordable bras that are also comfortable for me. I'd love to be able to afford some custom-made ones. I'd take the best of many styles and combine them all together. For some reason bra manufacturers can't manage to do that and still keep the costs under $40. I'm not paying more then that for an item of underwear that very few ever see and that I wear only to appease the delicate sensibilities of society and not my own comfort. I can get two or three tank tops with built in bras for the price of one well made and comfortable bra and still be more comfortable in the tank top.

When was the last time the guys had to fork over $100 for a comfortable pair of underwear or a t-shirt?
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 05:25 am
Chai, you'd crap yourself then at what I pay for my bras! Laughing In the 60 to 80 dollar range.

But these beauties FIT. Custom fit. It is totally worth it. The ladies there are wonderful. And for once in my life, people who I don't feel awkward letting them help me in the room. The place I go to specializes in the 'hard to find' and mastectomy products too.

There is NOTHING like having a good bra that fits! Changes how you feel. Changes my posture. And without these bras, my clothes just look like **** to be honest. Nothing looks right.

I own about 4 that go in rounds, one of them is one of those sports bras. Hail a good sports bra. Loads more in my dresser, but most of those are for once in a blue moon or private times.

I have so many of the damn things, and a lot of them good quality and pretty, but they just don't fit me anymore. So now I might have to find a friend who could actually use them.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 06:50 am
Oh I don't think 60 to 90 is unreasonable if you get one that's really perfect.

I know what size I am. Every bra I tried on technically "fitted", as in everything was where they were supposed to be.

It's the little things, like where the strap is on your shoulder, do the cups give enough coverage as in do the come high enough. I'm not comfortable in demi-cups or any where the top of the cups come more or less horizontally across the top.

On some the underwire just kinda came around at a funny angle, sometimes by a just a couple of milemeters it seems, where it just wasn't comfortable for the long haul.

The thing is, stating the obvious, is that every womans breasts are shaped differently. 2 woman can wear the exact same size (properly fitted) and one lady may love it, and for the other, it's just a mess.

Those bra ladies that fit you professionally? Because of what I said above, I take what they pronounce with a grain of salt.

I've been fitted by a nice nordstroms bra lady, and when she gave me the size, I said "Sorry, that will be way too big". She re-measured and assured me she was correct. I said, "Ok, I'll prove it to you" and pulled a really nice bra off the rack, pricy so supposedly well made, and we went to the dressing room together. I put it on an it was obvious I was just swimming in it. She couldn't deny it wasn't the right size. In fact, I've had the same wrong size given to me by at least 2 other "non-nordstrom" bra ladies. I guess my breasts look good on paper at one size, but when the bra must prove itself on my individual body, it falls short.

Also, keep in mind, age has it way with us all. We may remain the same size, but changes occur within that framework.

It's like shoes. We may wear the same size and width, but our feet are all shaped differently.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 06:57 am
All makes sense. And if I could find a bra that was cheap, that fitted, I'd switch in a second!

God I hope as I age my bras will get cheaper. That'd be nice.

I know, it's crazy how much they change. Even in these last few years, and year, they change. Having to buy new bras so much.

My mom said that since she's finished menopause, she's had to buy all new undies. It's like they totally rearranged themselves. So it will likely be the same deal for me.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 08:35 am
bras
The best fitting bras I've ever found for richly endowed women are from QVC and the prices are amazingly reasonable. If the Breezy bras don't fit, you can return them within 30 days for a refund. This is my favorite bra:

item A08737
Breezies Set of 2 Molded Cup Seamless Bras w/ UltimAir
Retail Value $54.50
QVC Price: $46.00
Introductory Price:
$42.18

Go to QVC http://www.qvc.com/qsearch/search.aspx
Search for Breezies Bras

BBB
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 08:49 am
Butrflynet wrote:

Yeah, Chai, should your breasts be saluted or are they still just plebes? Laughing

aiiyyeee

they must clear the door way before she can

Nuff said? Laughing
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 09:37 am
What a revoltin' development.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 09:46 am
Today, everything fits. In a few months, though, it probably won't (anticipated weight loss). I also don't fit into measured sizes. If I went by measurements I would be wearing something too long in the band and too small in the cup. I own maybe eight or ten bras, plus a couple of specialties (convertible strap, that kinda thing). Can't wait to get the band about four inches smaller as everything should drop in price by about 10% then.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 09:48 am
I own around 15 bras. Some of them just sit in the drawer because I bought them thinking maybe someone would get to see them. Laughing You know, the pretty lacy, sexy ones. And the spandex sports bras just squish me in, I hate that.
I finally went to Victorias Secret for a fitting. The bras feel great but they are pricey. Now if I could only find a good sports bra.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 09:50 am
A couple years ago I found a maiden form bra that fit me perfectly. After a couple weeks of off and on wear, I decided to buy more. I looked up the model number online and ordered several. They were on sale because the line was being discontinued. Grrr.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 10:40 am
martybarker wrote:
I own around 15 bras. Some of them just sit in the drawer because I bought them thinking maybe someone would get to see them. Laughing You know, the pretty lacy, sexy ones. And the spandex sports bras just squish me in, I hate that.
I finally went to Victorias Secret for a fitting. The bras feel great but they are pricey. Now if I could only find a good sports bra.

Have you tried Champion?
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 10:45 am
martybarker wrote:
You know, the pretty lacy, sexy ones.

Now if I could only find a good sports bra.

HA - ditto sexy lacy....... NOW if only I could find someone to show. Razz
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 10:49 am
Yeah, love my Champion sports bra. Bought it at Target, cheap. Didn't think much of it. Was over-using my one really good one (have another one that's not as good but will do in a pinch) and went back to Target for another -- they don't carry that kind anymore!!! Ack.

I haven't gone about tracking down various bras though, could probably get them if I have to. (Will check Chai's link now...)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 12:39 pm
I discovered sports bras about six years ago after breast surgery.

After 45 years I have underwear straps which stay on my shoulders. This is worth the price of admissions.
0 Replies

Wally Tea

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 03:12 pm
Chai,

Have you seen all the ads this thread has pulled in?

Will we be getting anything out of this?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 03:40 pm
Actually, I am seeing two ads for adult education - in teaching.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 04:24 pm
Actually, the compression type bras that simply pull over your head are evil. It's quite the battle just getting those suckers off. And then imagine trying to wrestle the damn thing off while you're sweaty.

I was doing this when my son was about 8. He came into my room while trying to tell me something. He stopped mid-sentance and said" Now that is shocking!" and turned around to leave.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 02:48:00