An important idea to fight global warming

Tai Chi

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 04:07 pm
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61TJ1HVT49L._SL500_BO2,204,203,200_PIlitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg

The Humanure Handbook: A Guide to Composting Human Manure
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 05:17 pm
Thanks Mr H and Tai Chi, for your contributions.

Laughing I hope you do realize I had my tongue thoroughly planted in my cheek when I made this thread up. :wink:
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 05:22 pm
reyn wrote :

Quote:
I hope you do realize I had my tongue thoroughly planted in my cheek when I made this thread up.

that's quite alright then ; i thought you had your ... firmly planted on the .... - i'm glad you corrected me in time ! :wink:
al always , your most obedient servant !
hbg
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 05:30 pm
Reyn wrote:
Laughing I hope you do realize I had my tongue thoroughly planted in my cheek when I made this thread up. :wink:

I'm not touching that one...
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 08:51 pm
Tai Chi wrote:
I'm not touching that one...

Thank heavens! I thought I'd have to prove something if you had! Shocked Laughing
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 08:51 pm
hamburger wrote:
that's quite alright then ; i thought you had your ... firmly planted on the .... - i'm glad you corrected me in time ! :wink:
al always , your most obedient servant !
hbg

I'm glad you didn't get yourself into a hot pan! :wink:
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 05:08 pm
Here's an interesting article as a follow-up to this thread.

---------------------

Scientists to stop flatulence?

Scientists claim to have developed an inoculation to reduce methane emissions from farting and belching sheep and cows.

Phil Goff, New Zealand's trade minister, told an economic summit in Paris that a solution was in sight.

"Our agricultural research organisation just last week was able to map the genome that causes methane in ruminant animals and we believe we can vaccinate against flatulent emissions," Mr Goff said.

Sheep, cattle, goats and deer produce large quantities of gas through belching and flatulence, as their multiple stomachs digest grass.

Animals are responsible for about a quarter of the methane produced in Britain, but in countries with a large agricultural sector, the proportion is much higher.

The 45 million sheep and 10 million cattle in New Zealand burped and farted about 90% of that country's methane emissions, according to government figures.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 05:11 pm
reyn :
you really do know how to take the fun out of life , don't you ? Laughing
hbg
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 05:17 pm
Hey, it's not me......it's The Scientists! :wink:
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 05:03 pm
You just knew it was coming. Just wait until they tax every man, woman, and child.

See, the idea in this thread will soon pay for itself! Everyone should embrace the idea, just as blue bag recycling years ago.

Fart tax on cattle

Estonian authorities have slapped a flatulence tax on farmers to compensate the country for the methane gas produced by cows.

Farmers this week received their first 'fart tax' demands asking them to pay for the greenhouse gases their cattle produce.

A single cow is thought to produce on average 350 litres of methane and 1,500 litres of carbon dioxide per day from flatulence and burping.

It is thought that cattle are responsible for up to 25 per cent of methane gas emissions in Estonia.

Opposition politicians have slammed the tax however. Jaanus Marrandi, spokesman for the opposition People's Union of Estonia said: "This is unprecedented in any EU country."
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 10/03/2024 at 03:20:33