No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 01:25 pm
A dummy and his money are soon parted.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 01:27 pm
Yes, indeed.

I must clarify things here though. Brendan is my brother (we're twins), and, sadly, he was never good with money.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 01:40 pm
Reyn
Reyn wrote:
Yes, indeed.

I must clarify things here though. Brendan is my brother (we're twins), and, sadly, he was never good with money.

Do you also wear checkered shirts and cute red bandanas?

BBB
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 02:10 pm
Well, we are twins, afterall. We have a closet full of checked shirts. we tend to buy in bulk, to cash in on the multiple item savings.

The only difference between us is that I'm the smarter one and good with money.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 04:26 pm
Well, if your twin brother can find a good part-time job like that, I'm sure you can, too!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 04:32 pm
Hmmm, I'm afraid Howdy has to go back to working full time to help out his daughter (Heidi) to pay for costs with her new apartment.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 04:48 pm
That's awfully generous of you!

I have a teenager, so we're just a few years away from this. Things must have changed since I first went out on my own. My folks never offered to pitch in (and they had more than enough if they'd wanted to.) They...AND I...figured if I was old enough to move out, I was old enough to support myself. It was really tough for a few years, but frankly, those were the years when I really grew up. Parents today seem to help a lot more. Some even allow their kids to live at home for years after they've finished school. Why do you think that is? (Honest question here.)
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 05:05 pm
If I was an upset child, a ventriloquists dummy would send me totally over the edge.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 05:08 pm
Eva, it's a long and complicated story involving an abusive boyfriend.

Self-financing for her is a huge barrier. Mom and dad are only putting a "relatively small" amount to the overall picture.

Bottom line is that she needs to get away from her current situation.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 05:09 pm
Chai wrote:
If I was an upset child, a ventriloquists dummy would send me totally over the edge.

Evil or Very Mad That's Brendan for you!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 05:27 pm
Ooh. I'm glad she can count on you for support.

I really hate the thought that you have to go back to work, though. Could she stay with you until she's able to save enough to afford a place?

I'm sorry. I know you must've thought through every possible alternative. I'm just trying to think of some way you can continue to enjoy your long-anticipated and well-deserved retirement.

(((HUGS)))
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 05:40 pm
Laughing No, I would prefer she has her own place. I'm used to having just my wife and I here by ourselves.

Without going into a lot of details, she has qualified for a 40 year mortgage, no money down. We're paying for some other associated stuff, and a used car.

I was going to go back to work part time anyways, but it will have to be full time for a while, at least. It will actually be easier to get a full time job, rather than part time. Good ones are hard to find here.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 05:42 pm
Good ones are hard to find EVERYWHERE! Laughing
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 03:27 pm
http://www.deputybob.com/images/bobgeary.jpg

Officer Bob Geary used ventriloquism as a creative form of community policing. He rode in his marked police unit with his ventriloquist figure, Brendan O'Smarty. Together, they provided a bit of comic relief for weary citizens around his assigned patrols for the San Francisco Police Department. Many people suddenly shed their prejudice of police officers as hard-nosed, insulated Robocops, and realized that they might actually have a sense of humor due to Bob's creative form of community policing.

When he retired from the department, a Wells Faro stagecoach with four horses parked in front of the station, drove him on his last tour of North Beach - that was his beat for so long - accompanied by his partner and alter-ego, Brendan O'Smarty.

Mayor Willie Brown, Jr. Declared his retirement day as "Office Geary Day" in San Francisco. Brendan O'Smarty shared in the tribute.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Officer Brendan O'Smarty
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/03/2024 at 03:09:46