[answered] Spyware Ads Appearing Suddenly

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 08:12 am
Foxy and others with the "Vista Antivirus 2008" have bugs on their own systems. This comes from the same bug-maker as the ANTIVIRUS 2009 that infected a colleague of mine's computer last week (Easy fix for that one by clicking the link above).

They did such a perfect job in that removal tool at bleepingcomputer.com, I am confident in recommending the use of their removal tool for Foxy's problem as well.

Click Here
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 08:17 am
PS. Google your suspected virus name along with "bleeping", and you'll likely find other VERY user friendly removal tools at their site.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 08:21 am
Hey O'Bill

I am very nervous for my laptop right now.

It passed out this morning and has somehow miraculously revived itself. When I switched it on it made 3 loud bleeping noises!!!!!!!!!!! Then nothing - black screen.... nothing - well, I did have sound - it bboinged that windows was opening... but nada.

So. I turned it off, on, off, on, off.

Threw a little hissy fit outside.

Came back in... on - WORKED Confused

mmmmmm.... Norton 360 still says all is OK.

I HAVE A GREMLIN!!

(madly went and printed off my e-tickets... felt a little better then - who knows how long it will work for!) Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 08:36 am
When was the last time you updated your Norton 360?

ZoneAlarm recently updated it's spyware definitions. I didn't lose sound but I did go through some interesting BS a couple weeks ago after being invaded. I'd hit "cancel" on that same pop-up but it started to download anyway. I believe I'd just hit "new posts" or "Forum Index" at the time.

I use Firefox 2.0.0.15

I don't remember what the program was, but ZA detected something that had to be disabled before it could execute the new install. I haven't had any problems since.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 08:39 am
I'm sorry darlin, but I am no expert. Craven, Monger and Timber (May he RIP) are. You can find a wealth of tips for fixing problems by clicking HERE

I can tell you that neither AVG nor Spybot detected a problem on my colleague's computer, but the tool from bleepingcomputer.com removed it just the same. If you are getting any kind of pop-ups from a supposed helper/antivirus/spyware detector program that you didn't install yourself; then the solution I found may help you. Otherwise; I'm in over my head.
Good luck!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 08:40 am
Hey Hey

Brand New Norton! Only got it 2 weeks ago after upgrading and it's on daily update. Confused

Everything appears to be working now.... just it's very unpredictable. May be my laptop - perhaps instead of bringing it with me I should put it in the shop and they can sort it out. It really does believe it's an electric fire!
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 08:52 am
Izzie wrote:
Hey Hey

Brand New Norton! Only got it 2 weeks ago after upgrading and it's on daily update. Confused

Everything appears to be working now.... just it's very unpredictable. May be my laptop - perhaps instead of bringing it with me I should put it in the shop and they can sort it out. It really does believe it's an electric fire!

I couldn't get Norton to play well with XP but that was quite some time back and apparently the rest of you aren't having any problem. I just got my laptop out of the computer hospital where (I hope) they corrected a problem NOBODY had ever seen before. Strange little creatures those laptops. I need a new one--I only use it for field work--but I'm holding off so I don't have to cope with VISTA just yet--I'm hoping they'll have the bugs worked out before I have to use it.

On my PC, my spyware program has apparently removed my bug problem we're discussing here along with a whole bunch of other stuff that McAfee had been missing and the computer is running like a new one. The program Obill mentioned however may be just as effective and it is free. Spyware Doctor isn't.

Without any recommendation for THIS SITE as I know nothing about it, it does repeat what my local computer guru has told me about free spyware removal programs. He doesn't recommend them even though he doesn't sell one himself. I myself am still very much a computer novice and am pretty much at the mercy of what folks tell me, so I don't have any opinion. All I know is that McAfee, which I pay for, didn't remove the bug. Spyware Doctor, which I pay for, did.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 02:24:03