Hello, my name is Drewdad, and I'm an insane liberal.

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 08:03 pm
I think Green Witch got onto something significant.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 05:36 am
Stray Cat wrote:
Quote:
I didn't blame the Republicans for anything.

My God, I didn't say you specifically.

I also never said Clinton was solely responsible for the fact this country is still using outdated equipment to refine its oil -- I was referring to liberals in general.

So explain how "liberals in general" are responsible for this country "using outdated equipment to refine its oil." Do you allege that "liberals" have somehow forced the American petroleum industry not to build new refineries?

Quote:
Ah, forget it.

Yes, having lodged your foot so deeply in your mouth, i'm sure you would like a little quiet time to get rid of that nasty taste.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 06:44 am
Stray Cat wrote:
Quote:
Reagan

who was elected in a reaction against the dismal state of the economy after four years of Jimmy Carter....

Quote:
eliminated every incentive to produce alternative, sustainable energy and fuel efficient cars.

What happened to your fellow Democrats (who had a congressional majority at that time?)

Oh please. I'm posting a link of Carter's Energy Policy. You may want to read it instead of making things up as you have in this previous post. Alternative, sustainable includes more than cars.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/carter/filmmore/ps_energy.html
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 02:26 pm
Both Carter and Reagan have been out of office for 20+ years.

So why haven't things changed since then? You had eight years of Bill Clinton.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 02:46 pm
This conversation got started because of a comment about oil prices.

So add an major increase in US and global consumption to 33-year old production capability to instability in OPEC plus a weak dollar (for which the Federal Reserve is a big factor) plus massive speculation by Hedge Funds and you get: Screwed.

But, hey, it's easier to just blame Bush, so go for it.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 03:11 pm
Stray Cat wrote:
Both Carter and Reagan have been out of office for 20+ years.

So why haven't things changed since then? You had eight years of Bill Clinton.

They haven't changed because big business runs the world, apathy, rich people wanting more, growth with no forthought.

I don't think you've read Carter's energy plan.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 04:10 pm
Quote:
Yes, having lodged your foot so deeply in your mouth, i'm sure you would like a little quiet time to get rid of that nasty taste.

Come on, Setanta, I've always liked you....even if you are a lib..

Ok, I'll take a time out.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/20/2024 at 04:59:29