Scariest Thing You Ever Did...

mismi

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 06:58 am
Sky diving? Stepping out for a totally different career? Doesn't matter...what was the scariest thing YOU ever did that made you say, "That is the last time I will ever do that."

Or...did it thrill you and make you want to do it again?

Are you a thrill seeker?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,178 • Replies: 49
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 07:00 am
Having a baby. Or rather, becoming a parent.

But it was also the greatest thing I ever did. :wink:
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 07:04 am
I'll start for an example....

I was at the beach with a group of friends we decided to go to the Track - which was this little goofy golf, arcade, dune buggy track place...had a bungee jumping platform. A few of us decided to bungee jump...because the guy would take 50% off for us...it would only cost $25.00 to risk my life and I was all over it...

One of the scariest things I have ever experienced is stepping off. He counted back 3,2,1 and I stepped off. OH DEAR LORD! My heart was pounding in my throat...I kept thinking, "when's it gonna catch, when's it gonna catch?", over and over and when, after many of the longest seconds of my entire life I finally felt the gentle tug of the bungee pulling me back up I let out the biggest shout of relief! And then it was a blast...

I always thought I was a thrill seeker, adrenaline junky.

I. am. not.

will never do that again.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 07:06 am
Bella Dea wrote:
Having a baby. Or rather, becoming a parent.

But it was also the greatest thing I ever did. :wink:

That was another...getting pregnant and then becoming a parent both pretty doggone scary...I think being the parent of three teenage boys is going to be scary as hell too. yikes
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 07:12 am
Well, the scariest thing somebody ever did to me....

being in the back of a car being driven home by somebody completely out of it on charly who felt the need to show off how fast they could drive the car.

I thought I was going to die.

I actually prayed. It was horrible. They crashed the car on the way back after they had dropped me off.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 07:14 am
thank goodness...hope they were okay...

what's charly?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 07:43 am
Riding my motorcycle on a narrow winding road at 270kph.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 07:48 am
Hiking in the Slovak Paradise (national park). There are tall waterfalls with metal ladders over them -100-200 meters tall. And wet.

I climbed them as a kid, so I had no idea that I can be afraid of heights. But I was. I froze towards the top of the first one, knowing for sure that if I move one inch, I'll die. I broke down and had to be pulled up by then BF. There I sat for hours, mustering the courage to climb down. It was only a herd of 20 German tourists that helped me get down - I was too embarrassed to hold them all up.

I tried to concur my fear of heights a few times - on rollercoasters (I fainted briefly on the first Superman ride, but then loved it and lasted all day)

I tried high ropes course, with a giant swing at the end. Like with bungee jumping, it involves stepping into thin air voluntarily. The high ropes course I will never do again. The fear was way too intense to even bother feeling any accomplishment afterwards. So I did it, whoop-dee-doo.... I realized I would have lived a happy fulfilling life without going through it.

But actually the most dangerous thing I have ever done was agreeing to write a book chapter on very specialized legal issue I had little clue about. It was a gruesome process, I've never done more research for anything.... and all from abroad, over internet and whatever sources I could find here in the U.S..... It turned out great, more than great, but it was dangerous. Vanity, eh.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 07:54 am
Allowing my daughter to go to Sweden fro 12 months on a student exchange when she was 16.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 10:55 am
Answering a question in politics forum on A2k
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 10:57 am
Linkat wrote:
Answering a question in politics forum on A2k

You tread where I dare not...brave woman
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 10:57 am
thrill seeker....adrenaline junky!
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 11:02 am
mismi wrote:
thank goodness...hope they were okay...

what's charly?

cocaine

he wasn't badly hurt
0 Replies

Mr Nice

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 08:16 am
Sleeping on top of a mountain without any shelter.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 08:47 am
Went to a Grateful Dead concert without smoking any dope.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 08:56 am
Went to a Jimmy Buffet concert and didn't drink any alcohol.

Rap
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 09:22 am
I was sitting next to a guy that ate his dope when a Security Guard walked by at a Jimmy Buffet Concert. Put the fire out on his tongue and gulp...pretty amazing
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 09:48 am
Scariest thing I ever did..........join A2K Laughing <just kidding!!!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 10:07 am
mismi wrote:
I was sitting next to a guy that ate his dope when a Security Guard walked by at a Jimmy Buffet Concert. Put the fire out on his tongue and gulp...pretty amazing

Why? I seriously doubt that guard gave a crap what he was smoking, as long as he didn't cause any problems.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 05:15 am
How would I know? I was 16 at the time. He was just a scarey pot head to me. :wink: There wasn't much left of it...maybe that's what he did when he finished all his joints and I just thougt it had to do with the security guard.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Scariest Thing You Ever Did...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 06:58:40