Stupid band names

georgethemightysnail

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 03:47 am
who said king crimson is a dumb name? FOOLS!!!

erm, i think that dead dogs in space is a pretty dumb name for a band. aw heck, that's MY band! (weeps)
0 Replies

cough

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 06:10 am
I hate No Use For A Name. Trying to make your name a joke isn't humorous kids.
0 Replies

Verbal lee

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 08:29 pm
I like
BLINK 182
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 09:10 pm
I liked a band named "Furniture" in the 80s, but thought they had a thoroughly uninspiring name.

Of other bands you only realise how silly their names sound when you think about it, and when they are household names enough, you dont, really, ever. But think about it. Culture Club? The Human League?

Oh, now that I'm remembering those horrid days of 80s chart hits ... what about Bananarama? A-ha? Modern Talking? Fun Boy Three?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 04:34 pm
another one from the 80s ... what was that guy called? he started two bands, even, and they had equally pathetic names, though i must admit they fitted the dude and the music: first "theatre of hate", then "spear of destiny". but then all of those (proto)goth bands had/have ridiculous names.

oh and what about those girl hop hoppers ... "the cookie crew"
0 Replies

George

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2004 02:41 pm
The Ohio State University Marching Band
0 Replies

BWShooter

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 06:08 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
"Toad the Wet Sprocket"

that and Squirrel Nut Zippers. Blech.
0 Replies

Emmanuel Z

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 07:13 am
Simply Red
0 Replies

sweet majestic darkness

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 11:16 pm
A band name is an interesting part of a band. Sometimes it says a lot about the band. You actually know sometimes by a bands name what type of music they are. I don't go out and buy cd's because of a bnds name, but I do thing it is part of their "image".

That is my statement for this thread, now for my theory of a few bad band names.

Foo Fighters
Alien Ant Farm
0 Replies

jnfr

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 01:22 am
Perhaps a "trick pony" is the pony that a trick rider (you, know the guy who stands on his hands and flips around his horse...) rides? and since Trick Pony is a country band...well, hmm...

I read somewhere that in the f-word is used 182 times in some movie...thus blink-182. Don't think that fact (?) takes it off the stupid list, though.
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 02:27 pm
Stone Temple Pilots

Quote:
I read somewhere that in the f-word is used 182 times in some movie...thus blink-182. Don't think that fact (?) takes it off the stupid list, though

Actually thats untrue and is just a rumor. Their original name was blink but they had to change it because of legal issues. They added 182 because it sounded good or somehting like that. I saw it on an interview w/ them once.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 08:52 pm
toad the wet sprocket is from a monty python routine off the album contractual obligations
0 Replies

loserkid182

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 04:09 pm
our bands called Anonymous Self....at first we were johnny action finger but i didnt like it so we are now Anonymous Self

Edit (Moderator): Link Removed
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 05:33 pm
roger wrote:
Something the matter with Hootie and the Blowfish? Can you believe there used to be a group called the Beatles? I kid you not.

The name was a play on the word "beatnik".

They were once calle dthe Quarrymen, & also the Silver Beatles. I have a Silver Beatles 45 ("3 Cool Cats" and "Memphis"), in fact. Smile
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 06:11 pm
I thought it was a play on Buddy Holly And The Crickets.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 10:50 am
The worst are these adult contemporary piece of crap bands with super trite names like "Dashboard Confessional."

One of my bandmates thought it would be funny to name our band "Lost and Profound."
0 Replies