Would you have said something?

Ragman

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2008 07:34 pm
Chai: thanks for that detailed explanation (and your explanation about your humor, too). I now can appreciate the subtleties of all the dynamics of what happened and how you and your hubby interacted. I feel as though I was there. Odd how it brings back in my mind about the scene in the diner in 'Five Easy Pieces' with Nicholson. Not exactly related or parallel but loved Jack's character's snappy come back ("between your knees").
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2008 07:43 pm
As you can tell, Wally is a real chatterbox.

Digressing...here's an example of the restaurant conversation with him.

Me: mmm mmmm! this is really good cole slaw. Want a taste?

Him: nope

I brought half my dinner home, and he ate it as a midnight snack.

When he got back into bed, I woke up and said "oh....g'night"

Him: That WAS good cole slaw.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2008 07:47 pm
strong silent type, eh? I bet when he does get going, he's deep, right?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2008 08:16 pm
Oh yeah, he's smart and all, just marches to his own drummer.

heh....A while back shewolf came over to the house, we were standing outside talking about the garden. He'd already said hi when she first showed up, so obviously, there was no need for further conversation.

At one point, he came walking around the house, down the sidewalk where we were standing, and just....walked by.....and disappeared around the other side of the house.

That made shewolf crack up. She probably doesn't even remember. I guess it stuck with me because, to me, it was just, how he is.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2008 08:26 pm
Chai wrote:
Also, sometimes askng Wally to take care of something like this means it would turn into a scene from "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly".

Laughing I know exactly the scene to which you're referring to here. The one where the 3 gunslingers are squaring off at one another, looking at each one in turn wondering who's going to shoot first.

hehe, Nice comparison!
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2008 08:34 pm
I figure that it is the restaurant owner who has responsibility to police their grounds and maintain the dinning experience. I would have asked to speak with the person in charge, and if the problem was not taken care of I would never go back.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2008 08:41 pm
well hawkeye, no one cares what you think.

hi reyn.

oh yeah, he's on a hair trigger 24/7 Laughing
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2008 08:43 pm
hawkeye10 wrote:
I figure that it is the restaurant owner who has responsibility to police their grounds and maintain the dinning experience. I would have asked to speak with the person in charge, and if the problem was not taken care of I would never go back.

Chai ain't no sissy. She can take care of things herself. Even perv like you.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2008 08:44 pm
oh god, I almost forgot....

his cell ring tone used to be the theme from the GB&U.

then, he got a new phone, and the version that played on it was really lame.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2008 08:46 pm
hawkeye10 wrote:
maintain the dinning experience.

snort.

My dining experience as far as this tater salad has suffered greatly due to the lack of policing by the guy basting the ribs.

Laughing

I'm picturing Larry the Cable Guy getting up off his stool at the counter and finding the manager to deal with someone sucking pork ribs out of their teeth.

"This here patron is deminishin' my dining experience by remindin' me of my poor expired mother, God rest her soul and all."
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2008 12:10 am
Chai wrote:

he'll say "oh jesus, look at that one, you know what she wants."

Wow, Chai, I never knew you were married to Hawkeye!

.........don't kill me! don't kill me! Very Happy
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2008 12:28 am
Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2008 01:04 pm
I haven't posted since I'm not sure what I would have done. People who go snap snap snap snap, etc., to the extent this guy did, seem to me to be potentially very tightly strung. I could have done just what you did, Chai, or paid and left the place.

With the pen person I think I'd have been less wary, knowing him better, and with the pen clicking acknowledged with rue. The 'threw the pen out the conference room door' made me laugh, and then, thinking someone in the hall might have picked the pen up and brought it back to the room, laugh again. Was that person weaning himself from cigarettes?
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2008 05:18 pm
Throwing the pen out the conference room door made me laugh too-- I love that Chai in real life is obviously just as bold as her a2k personality, that's way cool. Smile

On the restaurant thing, I wouldn't have said anything because I'm too wimpy about that kind of thing. I'd have sat there stewing and getting my blood pressure up...much better to speak up!
I'd be like the guy at the next table, who was willing to chime in but onlyafter you brought it up first... I'm a better backer-upper than I am a bringer-upper Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2008 05:46 pm
Quote:
thanks stray.....

I know what you want.

You do? Coz' usually when I say, "no," I really mean, "yes, ohhh yes!"

Razz
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 02:51:15