Barcodes are Really Intended to Control people

Mame

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 03:11 pm
In a thread I just read, gus was talking about his latest Saturday evening Is There a Moon? discussion. He sent a link which was very interesting. I would need more info before I could commit to a position on this.

Well, it turns out that some of the people in my co-op meet weekly to discuss whether barcodes are controlling us. They advertise their meetings in the elevator.

They seem to follow a woman named Mary Relfe who claims in her book
"The New Money System 666" that barcodes secretly encode the number 666 - the Biblical "Number of the Beast".

Some conspiracy theorists have proposed that barcodes are really intended to serve as means of control by a putative world government, or that they are Satanic in intent.

This theory has been adopted by other fringe figures such as the "oracle" Sollog, who refuses to label any of his books with barcodes on the grounds that "any type of computer numbering systems MANDATED by any government or business is part of the PROPHECY of the BEAST controlling you."

So what do you think? Are you afraid of barcodes?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,122 • Replies: 39
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 03:15 pm
(covers giggles)

Read .oh gosh.. I can not remember the name of the stephen king book..

but the story involved an older man and a younger boy who were neighbors.
It turned out that the mad was being hunted by some aliens and they would hide secrets to his ( the mans ) where abouts in wanted / missing / found pet ads.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 03:17 pm
I remember a theoryone time about a small symbol that was on the back of dish soaps and other things that was supposed to be part of companies that were taking over the world.

Humans think too much
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 03:21 pm
I can not begin to express my pleasure at discovering that Mame actually spent time at the moon conspiracy site.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 03:33 pm
Sometimes I think there's an entire subset of society that belongs to the Church of Ificantunderstandititmustbeevil.

Yep, shewolf, that was one of the old Procter & Gamble congregations.
http://www.snopes.com/business/alliance/procter.asp (read about so-called "666 logo")

So there's a Barcode congregation now, too?
Cool! Hubby sells industrial automation control products. Barcode equipment is one of his specialties. Wait'll I tell him!!!
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 04:05 pm
Laughing

Where would we be without a little lunacy in our lives, eh?
0 Replies

TilleyWink

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 09:52 pm
The number 666 has to appear in your social security number in order for "666" to be really evil, I think.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 10:07 pm
I'm going to get a bar code tattooed on my wrist.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 10:10 pm
TilleyWink wrote:
The number 666 has to appear in your social security number in order for "666" to be really evil, I think.

I'm thinkin' Damien...

Rock
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 10:39 pm
Damien the Leper? No, course not. No bar codes in Molakai..

(This is an obscure reference. A friend of my father wrote a book about him. I read it at some point. Was pretty aghast...) Not movie knock, I didn't see that.
just looked it up...
http://www.amazon.com/Damien-Leper-John-Farrow/dp/0385489110
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 12:09 am
Funny, osso, some 6 years back I was doing a research for a guy who was writing about somebody from Massachusetts who worked in the leper colony at the Molokai island, got leprosy himself and died in a hospice in Salem, MA abandoned and alone.... can't remember the book or the author's name, alas, but I know I made it into acknowledgments.

But it was probably a different Damien anyhow.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 12:26 am
shewolfnm wrote:
(covers giggles)

Read .oh gosh.. I can not remember the name of the stephen king book..

but the story involved an older man and a younger boy who were neighbors.
It turned out that the mad was being hunted by some aliens and they would hide secrets to his ( the mans ) where abouts in wanted / missing / found pet ads.

that's one of the stories in Hearts in Atlantis, i believe
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 12:28 am
shewolfnm wrote:
I remember a theoryone time about a small symbol that was on the back of dish soaps and other things that was supposed to be part of companies that were taking over the world.

Humans think too much

pretty funny video, but makes monkeys somehow seem worse than other animals.

far more sinister than proctor & gamble is the owl in the dollar bill. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 05:54 am
http://www.lmmfao.com/images/funny-pictures/Barcode-Tattoo_.jpg

be afraid... be very afraid.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 06:13 am
no waiting at terminals, quickly scan my groceries and my head, EZ pass for the millenium subway riders?

Lemme think on it before I condemn it out of fear.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 07:44 am
It's only evil if you get the barcode tattooed to your forhead or right hand.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 08:02 am
shewolfnm wrote:

Humans think too much

jeez louise shewolf.

those weren't aliens, they were Low Men in Yellow Coats.

The book was Hearts in Atlantis.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 08:42 am
That just shows you how bad my memory is.

Its a black thing.
Im convinced.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 08:47 am
BBB
Ya want conspiracies? Here's a bunch:

http://www.indexoftheweb.com/Patriot/Conspiracy.htm
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 09:04 am
The barcode thing is ABSOLUTELY not innocent. It does control us.

I don't know about you northerners, but in the US, the grocery stores have little plastic cards that they give you after you fill out form with your name and address. When purchasing, you give them your little grocery store card to scan and it saves you anywhere from 50 cents to numerous dollars. (I get real excited when the total goes from $42 to $31 when it is scanned! I won't let them scan it until the end so I can see the before and after totals right there in block green numbers on the register.)

Then, the machine next to the register spits out coupons for the clerk to give me. Sometimes the coupons are for items I just purchased, but sometimes it is for items I have purchased in the past.

The evil little barcodes GOT ME! Next trip I'm buying Hot Pockets again so I can see the total go down another 50 cents when I buy three boxes of chicken broccoli microwavable pastries!

Then, when I eat them, the evil will be inside me! Shocked
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Barcodes are Really Intended to Control people
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 10:06:03