I've been really lazy

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 09:45 pm
That's so true, Eva, an uncluttered house looks so much neater and cleaner,
plus it's less work tidying up the place.

One thing I learned from my mother: never leave the house without making your bed! So, first thing in the morning I make the bed, and I did teach my daughter too from an early age on. Now she does it automatically.

Yet, I truly hate cleaning, but in order to have a clean house, I have someone else do it. Works out perfect.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 07:09 am
That's what i want. Someone else to do it. What's the going rate these days?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 07:37 am
I care about two things... Well, okay three.

1. My kitchen has to be clean
2. My bathroom has to be clean
3. My bedroom has to be clean.

I gave up a long time ago on worrying about the mess everyone makes in the rest of the house as long as I have a 'retreat.'
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 10:02 am
eoe wrote:

I don't pay by the hour, eoe, I pay $ 70.00 and my house is not that big.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 10:15 am
i read somewhere that one should NEVER put anything off until tomorrow ... ... put it off for a month or two and most things will have taken care of themselves , have become unimportatnt or it's too late to do anything about it ! :wink:
hbg

and NEVER ask too many questions !

http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Rob/canyon.png
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 10:34 am
lol burger.

Mame, I live alone and the only thing I do regularly is make sure the bathroom and my bedroom is clean. Smile

Sure, dishes get done when I need em and the place is clean enough to walk in.

But the only person one really has to please is oneself.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 11:48 am
Ill health in a spouse is Not Nice, but I admit when Mr. Noddy is in the hospital I adore living with only my own clutter.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 01:09 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
eoe wrote:

I don't pay by the hour, eoe, I pay $ 70.00 and my house is not that big.

My house is approx. 2400 sq. ft., four levels (lots of stairs!), and I ask the lady who cleans to do all floors, bathrooms, kitchen, dust the high spots, change the linens and launder the dirty ones (3 bdrms., 2.5 baths), mirrors, glass doors, plus she usually chooses one other project per visit. It could be cleaning the oven or refrigerator or dusting all the blinds or cleaning baseboards...whatever bothers her the most. (She is VERY conscientious and notices things before I do.) I pay her $100 for about 5 hrs.' work every two weeks, and she brings some of her own supplies. If anything needs to be cleaned in between visits, we handle it ourselves. However, I have back problems (scoliosis/2 collapsed disks) so I really shouldn't be doing a lot of this stuff.

Oh, and once or twice a year we pay her for an extra visit for carpet and upholstery cleaning.

Anyway, I think the cost is really negotiable. It depends on what you want done and how often. The trick is finding someone good.* You have to ask around a lot.

*meaning, someone you can trust who also does good work...
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 03:11:02