Sucky Weekend Thread

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2008 08:09 pm
I'm starting this thread for anyone who had -- or will have -- a sucky weekend.

You know, you look forward to the weekend all week -- then it turns out to suck. I figured we needed a thread where people can post their frustration when the weekend gods decide to stick it to them.

First, I got a hand/paw injury that laid me up all weekend. It hurt, and that really sucked. (Hand/paw is feeling better now though.)

Then I found out that Gus shot Bobby Kennedy over a poker game -- which led to Richard Nixon getting elected.

Then a fly got in the house. Now how am I supposed to chase down a fly with one hand/paw out of commission?

Then Big Brown lost the Belmont -- thus dashing all hopes -- once again --that there might be a triple crown winner for the first time in a kajillion years. (What is up with that? Is the Belmont cursed or something?)

Anyways, that was my weekend. Like I said,

http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/3333/baseballkittenbr2.jpg

this sucks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,502 • Replies: 22
No top replies

TTH

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2008 08:26 pm
I saw that Big Brown came in last Confused
My weekend pretty much sucked since I slept through it. I guess I was real tired or better yet, real bored.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2008 08:36 pm
Quote:
I saw that Big Brown came in last

Strange, wasn't it? Especially since the jockey said he had no idea what went wrong. Weird.

Quote:
I guess I was real tired or better yet, real bored.

Yeah, I got so bored........I even called my mom! Now if that's not bored -- I just don't know what is. Confused
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2008 08:40 pm
Well, I had a great weekend, sorry to derail this thread. Went to an art gallery with a friend yesterday, then to the Blues Jam at the Yale. WE chatted with WheelChair Ken, Stu the PoolShark, Brian the Happy Married Man, and PhilWhoDoesn'tLook 35 (and who tried to teach me how to bank). Did a little dancing there to some great tunes.

Today we picked up some of my art supplies at Kelly's, then went and purchased paints and canvasses for her as we've decided to paint together a la the Impressionists - I'm Manet and she's Monet. Smile

Just talked to Alex from camp and worked out some timing for our British trip, where we're going to visit Clary, Izzie, McTag, and maybe others, plus our friends and family.

The sucky bits: they're having a triathalon IN MY NEIGHBOURHOOD so all the damn streets were closed off, making driving a freaking havocky situation, PLUS both bridges to the North Shore were backlogged due to accidents, so the day was a driving nightmare...

Yesterday it RAINED the entire blessed day, so THAT sucked!

Okay, that's as sucky as it got.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2008 08:47 pm
Well, I'm glad somebody had a life this weekend -- but thanks for throwing in the sucky parts too! Smile
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2008 08:47 pm
Yeah, my weekend sucked. I don't even want to talk about it. *le sigh*

but yeah, I'd like to hang out here and listen to tales of woe from other people's weekends. Go away, Mame, you--you-- you great-weekend-haver, you! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2008 08:48 pm
(((hugs cyphercat)))
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2008 08:52 pm
I never thought I'd hear myself utter the words, "I can't wait for this weekend to be over." Surprised
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2008 08:59 pm
Historically, promo'd horses poop out at the lengthy Belmont. This one was promo'd with various filips, like steroid questions (before the K. Derby) and the over the top talk of the trainer.

John Henry was a race horse..
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2008 09:03 pm
Stray Cat wrote:
(((hugs cyphercat)))

Aww, thanks, SC-- there's nothing like kitty sympathy....

http://www.cats.org.uk/images/photo/catcare_keycatcare.jpg
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2008 09:18 pm
Tough weekend to be a cat, I guess.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2008 09:24 pm
Cypher, I cleaned your box, gave you fresh bottled electrolyte water, and brushed your fur to thin it (it's hot!). I hope you're feeling better......
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2008 09:29 pm
Quote:
This one was promo'd with various filips, like steroid questions (before the K. Derby) and the over the top talk of the trainer.

Yeah, I heard about that, osso. Maybe that was the problem.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2008 09:30 pm
Quote:
Tough weekend to be a cat, I guess.

Yep, it looks that way, JPB....and ususally, it's such a glorious thing... :wink:
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2008 10:51 pm
Stray Cat wrote:
(((hugs cyphercat)))

Are you two twins?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 05:31 am
tough weekend?

yes and no.

yes for some very disturbing reasons..

No because I have found a few things to do over the weekends that will keep me away and I am looking forward to them.

I have found an african dance class that both me and Jillian can attend on satruday mornings, then immediately after that they have an african drum class.. I can finally do something with these damn djembes that are just cluttering up the place. Confused I can claim one for mine and one for bean..... the rest need to go

I also found a new small group of friends.. nothing but black women, who are as loud, and as crass as I am. Shocked I never knew people like me existed in the world.

THAT was actually a real big bonus !
Helps ward of this lonely, how can I do this all by myself , felling that I have been rather suffocating in .
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 06:51 am
My weekend was mixed but I'll leave out the good parts and focus on the sucky parts to defer to our feline friends (littlek is SO good with cats...)

I've been neglecting facing the giant and ever-growing collection of baby-and-kid clothes in the basement for a long time. I knew it was a huge job. It's two kids' worth -- sozlet, and her older-by-two-years girl cousin. My M-I-L has been sending girlcousin's clothes along as she grows out of them, and since girlcousin has two younger brothers (and the clothes are pretty much universally girly), M-I-L has asked me to just keep them since I have a basement and they don't. (The family has a tradition of keeping clothes to be hand-me-downs to whomever needs them -- even distant relatives -- so she doesn't want me to get rid of them, but there haven't been any girl babies since sozlet was born.)

Sozlet's 7.5 years old.

That is a LOT of clothes.

I sorted out girlcousin's clothes from sozlet's clothes, then sorted sozlet's clothes into clothes to keep (special in and of themselves or connected to special memories), clothes to sell (nice but not that memory-laden; gifts that were too small and never worn, etc.) clothes for Goodwill, and an intermediate pile I haven't decided the fate of yet. (Perfectly nice but pedestrian -- t-shirts, etc. Will either store for further family girl-babies or give to Goodwill, not sure yet.)

I now have about 10 standard moving boxes of girlcousin storage clothes, 3 HUGE boxes of Goodwill clothes (including mine), 1 huge box of resale clothes (summer), 2 standard boxes of memory clothes, and two big piles left on the guest bed to deal with -- the intermediate pile and the resale (fall/winter) pile.

Anyway. It was a huge pain.

Also emotional. We've pretty much definitely decided (well, we thought we HAD definitely decided) not to have another baby. That's part of why I'm doing this now. I got through all the tiny sozlet dresses and teeny sozlet shoes fine, but then ran into a problem. There was a boy's/ unisex (I planned to use it regardless) onesie that was one of the very few items of clothing I bought before sozlet was born; we were poor and we also didn't know whether she would be a boy or a girl. (Different doctors in different states said different things.) And when I saw it, I suddenly remembered the name I'd picked out if the baby was a boy, and got all emotional over the idea that that boy will never exist.

Of course if we did decide to have another there is no guarantee it would be a boy. But set my decision back a bit. (Nothing irrevocable yet but we've been talking about doing that in the next few months...)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 07:39 am
Got caught in a sudden thunderstorm while golfing with my son and his cousin. After getting soaked and cold in the "shelter" we decided to make a run for the clubhouse, only to get completely drenched in a lightning filled downpour. The lady asked how many holes we'd played, I responded "three" and she gave me back half of my greens fees. I used the money to buy a dry shirt.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 11:46 am
It was hot. Then it got hotter. Then it decided to become even hotter.

Although it was mainly a suffocating weekend, the real fun will come in a few weeks when the electric bill from the air conditioning marathon arrives.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 12:03 pm
Hugs to soz.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Sucky Weekend Thread
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 03:17:45