1) In general, do you approve or disapprove of giving preferences to blacks and other minorities in things like hirings, promotions, and college admissions? A) Disapprove
(2) As a result of such preferences, do you think less qualified people get hired, promoted, or admitted B) Sometimes
3) Which do you think is a bigger problem in this country today...( B) Blacks losing out because of racism
(The past still affecting new generations, though the current climate, I think, is good)
4) We have gone too far in pushing equal rights in this country B) Disagree
(I think we've gone just far enough)
5) Poor people have become too dependent on government assistance programs A) Agree (But, it has been improved in the past decade.)
6) Which of these statements comes closer to your own views-even if neither is exactly right:[/b] A) Blacks who can't get ahead in this country are mostly responsible for their own condition
(This one was difficult...it sounds mean, but ultimately, in this climate, I think people can more effectively determine their outcomes.)
7) Do you approve or disapprove of marriage between blacks and whites B) Approve
8) Do you feel like you have a lot of common interests with blacks in your social class, some common interests, or very few common interests?
A) A lot
9) Would you mind if a black person with equal income and education moved into your block? B) No
10) If you had a daughter who was dating someone who was black, do you think you would be B) Okay with it (I'd be just as picky about their behavior, goals, treatment of her, but their skin color wouldn't matter.)
So, 4 As...