1

Ten questions about race

Foofie

1  
Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 09:39 pm
snood wrote:
And in keeping with that spirit of getting past race, your avatar is a known racist.

Do you know that Jack Benny was famous for your avatar's pose. He would then say, "Well!" in a surprised tone.

Jack Benny was not a racist. The actor that played Rochester, his assistant, made a good living from that role I read.

JTT

1  
Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 10:10 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
[the usual tripe]

And yours is an ignorant sexual pervert. The length of time that you've retained it as your avatar speaks volumes about you.

Foxfyre

1  
Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 10:39 pm
5 A's - 5 B's - currently leaning toward McCain.

The problem I had with the test though is that it doesn't allow you to qualify an answer. Having to pick A or B without anything in between is not an accurate reflection of my views on almost all the questions.

If I say that poor people are too dependent on government assistance programs, for instance, I don't see that as about race at all. And further I want an option to qualify that all poor people are not too dependent on government assistance programs and that it isn't necessarily the poor people's fault when they are too dependent on government assistance programs.

In most cases when it comes to social issues, there are too many variables for there to be a simple choice between A and B.

Kayyam

1  
Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 11:43 pm
Opportunity is the litmus test. If being poor is an major obstacle to the career.etc then more assistance is necessary.

/Kayyam

Mame

1  
Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2008 12:04 am
Is your first name Omar?

Jes' wondering.

Foxfyre

1  
Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2008 09:20 am
The litmus test for me in all things is the specific circumstances. For virtually each one of the questions--maybe all--a qualification to the question might cause me to vote a certain way while a different qualification might cause me to vote a different way. In other words, none of them are absolutely cut and dried.

Lash

1  
Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 07:14 pm
@nimh,