Discworld - Terry Prachett

Noddy24

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 03:30 pm
Vivien--

I'm not malicious--but I'm not completely daft, either. We'll share 50:50.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 01:30 am
you are one up on me then - I don't think the family would agree that I'm not completely daft Confused
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2008 08:10 pm
I'm reading The Color of Magic. I have found two chuckle-worthy quotes in the first 9 pages.

The prologue starts with "In a distant and second hand set of dimensions, in an astral plane that was never meant to fly, the curling starmists waver and part..."

The story starts with the main city burning and being put out by a flood. "The twin city of proud Ankh and pestilent Morpork, of which all other cities of space and time are, as it were, mere reflections, has stood many assaults in its long and crowded history and has always risen to flourish again. So, the fire and its subsequent flood, which destroyed everything left that was not flammable and added a particularly noisome flux to the survivors' problems, did not mark its end. Rather it was a fiery punctuation mark, a coal-like comma, or salamander semicolon, in a continuing history.

Ha!

" '!' said the stranger, and grabbed his arm."
" '?' said the stranger."
0 Replies