Run for cover !! I AM BACK !!!!

the prince

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 03:18 am
Thankee thankee...

dlowan - I wish I could, but he had a big gun and I am sort of afraid of anything that shoots......bullets.

Eva dahling - how could kissing up to me be dangerous ? I am the most harmless person ever to roam this earth you know...

Roger - tea with milk and sugar - best thirst quencher in the summer heat !!

msolga - yeah 24 shirts <sigh> I just have to find a. Place to keep them in my wardrobe and b. enuff occassions to wear them

No pictures unfortunately, was way to lazy to go clicking - and well, anytime I wanna look at my parents or their house, well I just go there Laughing

Living in India is not easy of you are not born there - even me, don't think I can live there now, though to be honest I have been tempted. As a tourist it is great, but as a resident....errr..umm.. I am not too sure.

And I was in Delhi, far far away from the bombings.....
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 05:28 am
If your folks need a permanent resident, they are free to adopt me Laughing
0 Replies

kev

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 05:48 am
I'm not even sure I want to ask this Margo, but why did you get deported from Yemen?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 05:50 am
So, G, did you meet anyone *interesting* in your travels?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 05:51 am
kev wrote:
I'm not even sure I want to ask this Margo, but why did you get deported from Yemen?

Yes, do tell, margo! I'm interested, too.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 06:08 am
Gautam is back. Thank heavens. A bit of variety on the site. :wink:
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 06:50 am
msolga - define *interesting* ! Laughing

Wilso - yeah I agree, too many str8 men get boring after a while Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 12:45 pm
Hey, Gautam. Glad you be back. Never worried about you one moment. Some folks are just meant to make it. Smile Doesn't make one bit of difference where you sat on the plane, you're first class all the way.

Now for the big question.

Did you find those lyrics?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 12:52 pm
Gautam - you make me laugh! Welcome Home!!!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 01:51 pm
msolga wrote:
kev wrote:

Yes, do tell, margo! I'm interested, too.

Let me tell you it wasn't remotely interesting - and Yemen is the absolute arsehole of the universe. The worst place I've ever been! Why they'd even think anyone would want to stay there illegally is totally beyond me. Shocked

I arrived there on a boat, a 150 ft sailing ship, from the Maldives, at the time in my life when I ran away to sea. I planned to fly home to Sydney, by whatever route available, the next day! I didn't have a visa, because you couldn't get one in Sydney (that should have given me a clue Confused ) At that time, usually people arriving by sailing didn't need visas in most places.

They refused to let me stay, even overnight. They told the owner/captain of the ship that they'd impound it if I stayed. Sheesh! I could stay if I could get a visa for India and take the flight to Delhi the next morning. I organised the flight,......so then the Indians refused to give me a visa as well. Mad They don't have to give reasons. As Gautam will tell you - I'm a pretty harmless middle-aged female, with no history of insurrection. (I do have a couple of speeding fines!)

I was forced to go back on board the boat, and sail up the Red Sea to Egypt (yet another story!). I was 2 weeks late for work, which is later than I usually am Confused

See - told you it wasn't interesting.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 01:55 pm
<Guffaw> Yemen, heh heh...you should have known....just because some of their stamps are cool doesn't make it a proper country Laughing
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 02:03 pm
cavfancier wrote:
<Guffaw> Yemen, heh heh...you should have known....just because some of their stamps are cool doesn't make it a proper country Laughing

Stamps??? - they have stamps??? That would display more sense of organisation than I suspect they're capable of. Exclamation

The place is chaotic, filthy, moribund. There are hulks of ships rotting in the harbour, and bullet holes everywhere from the last uprising. Scary, I tell you.

And the food is appalling - what little there is of it.

Can you tell it's not on my "to see again" list? Twisted Evil
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 02:06 pm
Hey, they could auction it off as real estate, as a "fixer-upper."
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 02:15 pm
I think Al Quaeda is doing the makeover, there!

This is the country where the American navy ship (U.S.S.Cole?) was bombed in the harbour. Charming place!
0 Replies

kev

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 02:31 pm
I think you're pretty cool Margo, I once got kicked out of the Cavern Club in Liverpool, (which is probably about the same as being kicked out of yemen)......

but I've never been refused entry to a country that represents 20% of the worlds population, you must have been one unruly dude Margo.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 02:36 pm
Kevin

I am sooo harmless! Ask Gautam - the only A2k'er I've actually met!

I had landed in India on my way home from Europe a couple of years before, a Qantas set down between Rome and Singapore - and refused to give money to the beggars in the ladies' toilets. (I had no cash!) Perhaps this is why? Razz
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 06:06 pm
Margo, if that story isn't interesting (I'm glad I finaly 'heard' you tell it), I wonder about the rest of your life....
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 06:09 pm
A belated welcome home, Gautam. What did you bring me? Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 06:39 pm
Margo is a cool traveler. I agree, littlek, I wonder what actual trouble would be...
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 08:14 pm
What a scary story Margo ... you were very brave to even think of going to Yemen! An experience you won't forget, huh?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/21/2024 at 07:24:37