Now I'm Not Trying To Witness Or Save Anyone

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 09:41 am
I'm from the East coast.... and if that had been sand art of David Lee Roth instead of Jesus I'd have posted it..... just because I was wowed by the talent....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 09:43 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
We have gone from admiring sand to proselytization

I know..... nuts ain't it?
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 09:46 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I'm from the East coast.... and if that had been sand art of David Lee Roth instead of Jesus I'd have posted it..... just because I was wowed by the talent....

for which I am grateful
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 10:02 am
Isn't your picture a sand sculpture contest that is held? See the sides of the sculpture? There appears to be others on each side. I think the contest lasts for a couple of days due to the time needed to make them and then be judged.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 10:13 am
could be....here's another one from the same guy... look at the detail....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/sandylastsupper.jpg
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 10:16 am
I found the link and it is the same person. He is good!!
http://oceancity.shownbyphotos.com/Ocean_City-randy-hofman-pictures.html
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 10:24 am
Re: Now I'm Not Trying To Witness Or Save Anyone
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
but check this out... a guy in Ocean City does these everyday and replaces them when the tide washes them away.... very talented guy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/jesusatthebeach.jpg

Why do 90% of Jesus renderings depict him with totally ripped abs? Did he do crunches every morning before healing lepers or going ballistic on money changers in the temple? Or is the idea that if he can turn water into wine, he can turn fat into muscle?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 10:25 am
probably more to do with a practically zero percent body fat
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 10:25 am
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/5855/ae432adfd898c0d2ebbe9a9wk0.jpg
Edit [Moderator]: Image converted to a link
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 10:40 am
I think Jesus used an earlier version of the Bowflex Power Rod. It definitely sounds like something a savior would use.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 10:47 am
I think I saw a photo of Christ hanging on the cross one time and he had a beer gut.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 10:48 am
wine gut gus....please try to be historically accurate...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 10:49 am
Me and my anachronisms.
0 Replies

anastasia

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 10:52 am
Gala wrote:
Don't you think there's a particular artistic symbolism to it being washed away every night so the artist must return to his/her labors once again the following day.

fixed.

i hadn't thought about the symbolism until you put it quite that way - but it's true. day after day after day. to me, it's kind of symbolic of the way religion can't overwhelm people who don't allow themselves to be overwhelmed by it. anymore. it's that kind of ebb and flow that keeps it from building up to tsunami (or landslide) proportions. and it's a bit like performance art. he creates art in public. that's going to inspire a kid or two.

also, someone who spends all of his time carving and re-carving jesus into the sand probably has great pecs and a great tan - but he's probably one of "the poor" himself.

(hey, cool cats - the prodigal grrrl returneth)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 11:30 am
It's a resurrection - every day.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 11:58 am
Everyday, a stinkin' resurrection.

I meant-- I am a North Easterner...a damned Yankee. We Yankees believe chicken salad gives us strength before martyrdom does.

If you look at any of the Italian paintings around a certain time period-- Giotto, for example. Where, I ask, is Giotto thanking Jesus? He's not. But he's telling a story nonetheless, and a religious one at that, and I would hang it on my wall anyday.

http://www.abcgallery.com/G/giotto/giotto38.JPG
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 12:37 pm
anastasia wrote:

i hadn't thought about the symbolism until you put it quite that way - but it's true. day after day after day. to me, it's kind of symbolic of the way religion can't overwhelm people who don't allow themselves to be overwhelmed by it. anymore. it's that kind of ebb and flow that keeps it from building up to tsunami (or landslide) proportions. and it's a bit like performance art. he creates art in public. that's going to inspire a kid or two.

Definitely performance art. I think this person has let religion take over his/her life, perhaps to stave off the enormity of living or he/she is just marinating in Christ.

anastasia wrote:
but he's probably one of "the poor" himself.

Or a recovering sex, alcohol, drug addicted ex-felon.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 12:38 pm
"Hey Mom!!! The dog just peed on Jesus!!!"
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 02:35 pm
You've made me see the light gala. I hate this goddam son of a bitch. Let's go to Maryland and kick the **** out of this bastard. Maybe a few weeks in a hospital bed pissng blood through a catheter will teach him not to do that stupid jesus ****.
0 Replies

anastasia

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 03:56 pm
Gala wrote:
anastasia wrote:

Definitely performance art. I think this person has let religion take over his/her life, perhaps to stave off the enormity of living or he/she is just marinating in Christ.

anastasia wrote:
but he's probably one of "the poor" himself.

Or a recovering sex, alcohol, drug addicted ex-felon.

whatever. could be. <shrugs> who knows?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/20/2024 at 09:17:37