Strength and Weakness of a Child...how to encourage...

Green Witch

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 08:56 am
Re: Strength and Weakness of a Child...how to encourage...
mismi wrote:

He is my concern. He has this dicotomy of personality that intrigues and frustrates me. He is a know-it-all. He knows everything. He is 8 years old and there is not a thing that I tell him that he is not contradicting me on or telling me I am wrong or giving me his take on...to a stubborn degree. It can be right in front of his face and he will say it is not so. Drives...me...nuts...

BUT...there is this side to him that seems to need building up. He seems fragile and insecure. And I worry over him because I know the big blustery know it all is covering for the insecurities.

Hmmm...does he post on this board as cjhsa???

I'm not a parent, so I will leave now.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 09:36 am
Laughing No, no, no...don't think he is that stubborn...working on getting that part of him worked out well before he is cjhsa's age. :wink:
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 02:06 pm
The books you were talking about sound great JPB...I need to check into them...at this point every little bit will help. I hope. :wink:
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 06:52 pm
Remember, children practice on Mothers whom they love and trust.

This is very hard on Mothers, but children thrive.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 08:02 pm
This is good to hear Noddy...thank you
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 08:17 pm
Tired Missy.... but I love you.... your children will be as proud of you when the grow up as you are of them. You are asking all the right questions hun xxxx
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 02:17 pm
Thanks Izzie...I hope so. I will worry about me embarrassing them later though...yikes.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 12:16 pm
Mismi--

A little embarrassment is part of family living. Always has been. Always will be.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 09:51:31