My cheating heart.

boomerang

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 07:53 am
Nope. Never tried those. The first I became aware of them was because I read an article about people getting their toes ripped off by escalators while wearing them and that they were banned from hospitals.

I don't really notice people shoes and since I rarely shop of have the TV on to anything other than Nickelodion I'm pretty immune to advertising too. (But don't get me started on Debby Myer Green Bags -- for some reason they advertise on Nick all the time and Mo has that ad completely memorized. I think that ad hypnotizes children. Seriously spooky and weird. We'll be doing something and Mo will start in with "if you act now, mom, you can get 10 large bags and 20 small bags for the low TV price of only $9.95"." It freaks me out. But I digress.)
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 08:07 am
Yes, the green bag ads are freakish!

Clarks shoes fit my feet. I have, um, a lot of their sandals and clogs. Today I'm wearing these:

http://www.zappos.com/images/729/7294816/1396-366793-d.jpg

I also like Merrell shoes, but only on sale...

If you know the style name or model number of your favorite shoes, you can sometimes find them online. Zappos.com has a lot of discontinued styles and a good search engine.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 02:52 pm
boomerang wrote:

I like these Keens so far. They don't cramp that bone under/beside the big toe.

The reflexor thingie.... yep. That's why I wear dansko, the hard sole doesn't allow my big toe joint to flex and cause the crampy feeling. I also have an old pair of keens that I love for the same reason.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 03:40 pm
I have some Clark's Artisan heels that are purty (I think) and also comfy. Rare combo.

http://www.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/8b/6/AAAAAipmYPYAAAAAAItvUA.jpg

But mostly I wear Teva leather sandals in the summer

http://www.zappos.com/images/782/7156782/827-126221-t.jpg

and black leather Merrells in the winter.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/219E4KZS14L._AA160_.jpg

I've had the Tevas two years and they've stood up well to extensive use but they're starting to show their age. Looking and looking, nothing strikes me yet. (Don't want to get the same ones again although they seem to be available some places -- want something a little bit less clunky, but still comfortable.)

Also have some gold strappy Kenneth Clark Reaction sandals that are minimally comfortable (they're fine, no great shakes) but pretty. Can't remember enough about them to get a picture. Vaguely gladiator-ish.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 03:42 pm
THANK GOD.

Hate those bloody converse pseudo-shoes Laughing

At last. She's seen some of the light.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 12:29 pm
For a number of reasons, I can no longer wear shoes with any heel at all. That means loafers with a 1/2" heel are out. Negative heel shoes (earth shoes) are wonderful but often ugly.

My current shoe wardrobe consists of a pair of Teva sandals, a pair of Crock-knockoffs (wonderfully comfy), a pair of ordinary clunky earth shoes, and a glorious pair of embroidered red lace-up short boots - also from earth - that I absolutely love. One day I was wearing them and someone said I looked like a cross between a ballerina and a boxer. That's a fair description.

Anyhow, I'd like more shoes, but to suit my feet they're either cheap and bordering on ridiculous (the crocks) or they cost between $95 and $130. That's too much for me to have very much of a shoe collection.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 07:48 pm
Hamsters ate my post. About blunnies and redbacks. with pics 'n everything.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 08:52 pm
mushypancakes wrote:
THANK GOD.

Hate those bloody converse pseudo-shoes Laughing

At last. She's seen some of the light.

Blasphemy! Blasphemy!

I wore them today. I couldn't help myself. They're my trademark. I was even an exhibit at school not long ago for my shoes. I'm not sure why I was but that didn't make me hear all the "Cool..."s uttered about my shoes. I'm a grade school hero I tell you!

Why oh why did I ever think I could give them up?

I'm going to have to call Mo in to do his green bags spiel to bring me down now.

<pant, pant, pant>

Okay.

10 large bags..... 20 small bags..... low TV price.......

Okay..... I'm okay now.

Ohhhh earth shoes..... those are lovely...... I could do those. Keens are earth shoeish. Thanks, Wy. You're helping me calm down. I'd like less shoes but otherwise you're a peaceful easy feeling.

Blunnies? Redbacks? dadpad, are you okay?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 10:00 pm
boomerang wrote:

Blunnies? Redbacks? dadpad, are you okay?

NO! I'm pissed that the hamsters ate my post.

So pissed I think I'll leave....or at least start an "I'm leaving thread"

Blunnies are workin man boots.

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2007/01/26/blund_wideweb__470x319,0.jpg

Redbacks are steelcaps... with winter tread. Seriouse working man boots.

http://www.redbackboots.co.nz/boots/images/small/REDBACK-USAOK.jpg
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 10:06 pm
Well I do love me a working man.

I'll take a blunnie over some sissy boy loafer any day of the week.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 10:12 pm
I've been drooling over Blundstones for years but can't get past the $165 price tag...sigh
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 10:15 pm
Dont try and sweet talk me. It just wont work. [size=7]very much[/size] Stroking my naked pectoral muscles might though, so you could give that a try later.

If the hamsters want to apologise I'll be out in the shed sharpening the mower blades!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » My cheating heart.
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 10:19:29