My cheating heart.

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 03:14 pm
I'm the last person who ever thought they'd start a thread like this but I've got to get something off my chest and this is a safe place to start.

I wasn't really looking for anything new but there it was staring me in the face and the truth is lately I've been hurting. Hurting inside, outside, everywhere. All of this happened so fast but it is just so comfortable, so supportive, easy, easier than I thought it would be anyway.

Nothing has really happened.... yet. It's hard to let go of years and years of shared history. It's sad. I feel a lot of guilt.

Yes, it's true, for the first time in more than 20 years I bought shoes that aren't Converse.

<sob>

Okay. I feel better having confessed.

So now I have some pricy Keen shoes and my feet are happy even after a long walk with the dog.

What are the most comfortable pair of shoes you own?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,300 • Replies: 31
No top replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 03:24 pm
We don't wear Chucks for comfort; we wear them for awesome.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 03:25 pm
True that. We establish our cool creds via footwear. No doubt.

But I'm old and my feet are ruined. I'll still wear my All Stars for fashion but I'm keen on my Keens for motion.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 03:27 pm
bjorn

ugliest, lesbian looking things on the PLANET

but loooord have mercy they feel good Cool
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 03:36 pm
My most comfortable shoes have always been the cheapest ones I buy and as Martha Stewart would say "that's a good thing" Very Happy

Congrats on your new shoes Boomer.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 03:40 pm
No, shewolf, the ugliest shoes on the planet are those men's little slipperish, tasselled sissy boy shoes.

I don't know Bjorn but hopefully I won't be in the new shoe market for a while. Maybe next time....... (don't tell Converse).

I like cheap shoes too - hence the addiction to Converse. They aren't exactly cheap but they look better beat up so they last a long time.

I could have bought 3.5 pair of Converse for what I paid for these things. That kills me just a little.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 07:20 pm
Moccasins for pure comfort...but they are not very practical in many cases....so Nike Air.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 07:34 pm
My Spongebob Squarepants slippers.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 07:35 pm
I love moccasins, but I can barely wear flat shoes. So it's mostly avidity from afar. Nike Air Max, a few other running shoes, and Danskos fit my high arched sensitive ball of foot feet.

Unfortunately, my feet have grown recently. What the hell? My feet aren't swollen, but are cramped in my perfectly good and expensive danskos. Thus I have one now in the freezer with ziploc waterfilled bag trying to stretch it a bit (got that online, who knows, I may kill the shoe).

I have a great pair of bjorn oxfords, yeh, um, tailored shoes, and comfortable in the store at which I spent so much money for them. Not just right for my feet, a little too much give in the cushion part. But.. I wear them once in a while. Just not for a bunch of hours' walk.

Gotta do something, since my last air maxes are getting elderly.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 07:36 pm
I bought a pair of Dansko shoes almost 2 years ago and wear them through long days. They are still comfortable and rugged. The footbed liners have worn through, though. I have the below in brown.

http://www.flcrooks.com/ProductImages/large/WDN-BbtteMJ-BkClf.jpg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 07:48 pm
I've had several pair of these over at least a decade.. usually have had new ones and old ones going stong..

Not that they wear out fast, but we wore them "in the field", I walked ten miles a day in them in Italy. Those became garden shoes...

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/11161169/Women_s_Dansko_Professional_Black_Oiled__Brand_New_In_Box_.jpg
Well, this photo shows oiled.. I've also just had the regular, whatever they call it. In black, in brown, in red, and even once in some sort of faux ponyskin.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 07:51 pm
I think that's mislabelled, shoe shown not oiled, to me.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 08:05 pm
Oh, and one more pair, a fluke... in that I can't afford 'em, but they've lasted now at least four or five years, good as ever, and I got them in a serious sale, my loafers by Taryn Rose - said in blurbs at the time to be an md designing with an eye to foot anatomy. Ok. Well, they fit mine.

At this point they look like scunge city. Love 'em.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 08:13 pm
Nice shoes, wanna f**k?

What, you don't like when people compliment your shoes?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 08:15 pm
My Fly London Fayre shoes are outrageously comfortable

http://www.soletrader.co.uk/public/pictures/products/standard/FAYRESLU.jpg

for summer, my very girly Bjorn platform sandals with different coloured flower thingies are like buttah
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 08:32 pm
I prefer to be able to walk. Wear Manolos for weeks yourself and get back to me.

(I think there are man Danskos... not sure. Maybe in Eur'p))
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 02:16 am
Back when I was breakdancing daly, I would wear only one shoe.

Addidas - Il Naste'

Super comfy, good grip, mad style. They are now out of production. It makes me sad.

T
K
O
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 07:05 am
Speaking of shoes ..

what if , the style you like IS out of 'production' ... ?
Is there a place you can find styles and brands that are still for sale even though they may not be on the front line at the store?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 07:26 am
Lots of Bjorn and Danskos, huh?

I should have asked this question before I broke up with my Converse.

I like these Keens so far. They don't cramp that bone under/beside the big toe.

Which brings me to Slappy saying "nice shoes....." and osso saying "Wear Manolos for weeks yourself and get back to me" and Mr. B saying my new shoes look like what Frankenstein would wear to a track meet --

It is impossible to feel sexy when your feet frikken hurt. Those girls on TV with their sculpture shoes? They're actresses!

Nike does make some comfortable shoes. I did have some Prestos quite a few years back and loved them enough to look for them again only to find they no longer made them. Nike now makes Converse by the way. Why they can't put a little of that Nike comfort into a Converse while still keeping the All Star style I just don't know. I've worn Converse for most of my life and never had a problem with them until Nike started making them. Maybe it's just that I've gotten older or maybe Nike just doesn't do it right. I don't know.

I like to buy Nike because they're local but so is Keen so I don't feel so bad. Plus Keens are the environmentally friendly shoe so I don't feel so bad when I take a walk and throw my garbage on the ground. (Oh c'mon I'm just kidding.)

My tiny little grandmother would only wear moccasins. She had them hand made and they were beautiful things. I still have a pair of her moccasins.....
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 07:37 am
have you tried those plastic crocodile things yet..??

uggh...

they are called.. uuhhh... sheesh.. I think Crock.. ?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » My cheating heart.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 10:28:23