The "hard" sale.

Eva

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 03:38 pm
Chai wrote:
Eva wrote:
Having been raised by a father who was a salesman, and having been involved in advertising and p.r. for so many years, I am extremely sales-resistant. When anyone uses a "hard sell" on me, I lock down mentally and act amused that they'd even try that tactic with me. I've been known to walk out of car dealerships and insurance agencies laughing hysterically.

Eva, what's a good thing to say to someone ass giving you a hard sell to let them know you mean it and you're not going to continue to listen to them?

I'm talking about when you do know what you want, you're in the store, and they just keep on at you? I don't want to shut down, but rather move them on to what I want to talk about, since I know I'm going to be buying something.

Not something slick or sarcastic, since I'm sure they heard it all. Something that will make them realize they aren't about to sell something if they keep this up.

Look them straight in the eye and say this very slowly and steadily:

"You are not listening to me. Keep it up and you won't make any commission at all."

If that doesn't provoke an immediate apology, turn around and walk away. There is always another salesperson.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 07:15 pm
heh.

thanks eva

gala, if a salesperson is being pushy, I don't find anything attractive about them, so I don't particularly like them.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 07:52 pm
I'm just the opposite. I'm a social creature...I like most people, even when they're pushy. That's why it's so easy for me to be amused. I like to laugh and ask, "Does that really work on most people?!?"

Then I tell them I was raised by salesmen and I work in P.R. We usually get into a funny conversation about that, and it completely diverts them from their sales pitch. After a few minutes, I tell them I have to go, they give me their business card, and we part on friendly terms. Then I throw their card in the trash when I get home. This doesn't even raise my blood pressure.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 08:01 pm
I don't like anyone.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 08:10 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 08:25 pm
Sometimes I just grab what there selling and start running.

Or I grab it and smash the **** out of it........then when they catch me and say "what the F@#K is wrong with you?"

I say "i'm sorry I have tourettes"
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The "hard" sale.
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 10:18:54