People that are happy

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 12:34 pm
people that are happy in life tend to report themselves to be happier than people who report themselves as less than happy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,222 • Replies: 36
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 12:39 pm
people that report eating regular balanced meals report feeling less hungry than people who who never know where their next meal is coming from.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 12:43 pm
Taller people perceive the world from a different perspective than shorter folks! Laughing
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 12:45 pm
I've also heard that people that claim to be happy are insane - or are the worst in a delusion.

The reason they are happy is because the do not face reality and what is actually going on so that depressed people are facing reality while those that are happy are really delusional.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 12:48 pm
Linkat wrote:
I've also heard that people that claim to be happy are insane - or are the worst in a delusion.

The reason they are happy is because the do not face reality and what is actually going on so that depressed people are facing reality while those that are happy are really delusional.

I disagree. It is merely a matter of perspective, and a matter of how one interprets what he is experiencing. For example, is an eight ounce cup filled with four ounces of water, half full, or half empty????
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 12:50 pm
people that live in rural small towns of america and have lost their jobs and their homes tend to feel more bitter than CEO's who live in Manhattan.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 12:52 pm
Quote:
You will never be happier than you expect. To change your happiness, change your expectation.
This famous happiness quote by Bette Davis

change my expextation of what ?
what i expect other people to do for me - yea , i expect them to do more for me :wink: !
my own expectations - i'll try to do as little as possible , keeps the expectations down , way down :wink: !
hbg
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 12:52 pm
people who have access to quality medical care tend to report better health than people who don't.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 12:53 pm
They've done studies on happy people and found they are far better at self-deception then depressed people. Depressed people see things the way they are, where as happy, more competitive, in the thick of things in life people more readily lie to themselves.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 12:53 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Linkat wrote:

I disagree. It is merely a matter of perspective, and a matter of how one interprets what he is experiencing. For example, is an eight ounce cup filled with four ounces of water, half full, or half empty????

I'm not saying I agree with this perspective - just said I have heard of this viewpoint.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 12:55 pm
dyslexia wrote:
people that live in rural small towns of america and have lost their jobs and their homes tend to feel more bitter than CEO's who live in Manhattan.

That is not including the CEOs who have been bled dry by their ex-wives, who can easily be as bitter as anyone!
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 12:57 pm
People who wear Stetsons think better of them than people who wear Dobbs..
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 01:05 pm
Quote:
That is not including the CEOs who have been bled dry by their ex-wives, who can easily be as bitter as anyone!

donald trump doesn't seem to have suffered greatly from having been "bled" Laughing .
of course , he is the "master bleeder' - having bled those dumb gamblers !
hbg
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 01:11 pm
people that are sleepy in life tend to report themselves to be sleepier
than people who report themselves as less than sleepy
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 01:15 pm
people that are sleepy in the morning would prefer to go back to bed rather than marching off to work .
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 01:26 pm
hamburger wrote:
people that are sleepy in the morning would prefer to go back to bed rather than marching off to work .

What if they were singing "Hi-ho" with six of their friends?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 01:27 pm
George wrote:
hamburger wrote:

No "Hi-hoing" on my watch!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 01:28 pm
I'm so-o-o tired, i don't know what to do
I'm so-o-o tired, my mind is stuck on you
I wonder should i call you, but i know what you would do-oo-oo-oo . . .

You'd say i'm puttin' you on
But this is no joke, it's doin' me harm
You know i can't sleep, i can't stop my brain
You know it's three weeks, i'm goin' insane
You know I'd give you everything I've got for a little peace of mind . . .
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 01:29 pm
Re: People that are happy
dyslexia wrote:
people that are happy in life tend to report themselves to be happier than people who report themselves as less than happy.

No ****!

Having a dull day there, Dys? Laughing
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 01:31 pm
Linkat wrote:
George wrote:
hamburger wrote:

No "Hi-hoing" on my watch!

Cheese it! The Queen!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » People that are happy
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 09:31:58