Question for artsy craftsy people

Chai

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 06:17 am
farmerman wrote:
See, instead of the syringes (which unless you have a herd of sheep, are difficult to buy in bulk), why not have everyone wear banners that say "Juiced" or "Not Juiced". The ones that are juiced will have a built in excuse to get **** faced at the party. They can trade banners when they want to sober up.

I remember my past company doing "team building" stuff like this, very embarassing (or is it embarrasing).

I work in the health care industy. I have access to tons of syringes.

Team building stuff?

I agree, I hate all that bullshit.

But, these are 15 people who have worked with each other anywhere between 5 and, oh...20 years.

They aren't looking at this as one of those team building exercises, but as a big goof. THEY were the one's who asked for it, not their boss.

It was one of their ideas to dress as a monk, and when I mentioned the syringes and said that "Joe" would be the perfect person to get one, she said "hey, I want one too!"

To them, it's wearing something comfortable for a dinner meeting, and getting to joke around and get laughed at and with dozens of other people they know.

I hold no illusions the laurel crowns will come off immediately. They will get given to their kids and grandkids, as well has the gold medals, when they get home.

For them, it'll be the equivent of joking around on a thread here, participate to whatever degree you want.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 06:19 am
I have no sense of humor that Im aware of.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 07:18 am
farmerman wrote:
See, instead of the syringes (which unless you have a herd of sheep, are difficult to buy in bulk)...

They only seem to be difficult to buy in bulk on the coasts. When I lived in OK I could walk into any Walmart and buy a box of 100 syringes for $3 (which I did do for my daughter, the diabetic...) or I could walk into the feed store and buy a box (intended for use on animals) for $4-$5 which I also did a few times because I gave my dogs their annual shots myself.

Here in MA, mere possession of a syringe without a doctor's prescription is illegal but anyone could buy them down there and no one blinked.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 07:31 am
farmerman wrote:
I have no sense of humor that Im aware of.

none that we're aware of either.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 08:35 am
Thank you. I find that your location coordinates state a logical inconsistency. If you are "up a creek in a barbed wire canoe", of what use would a paddle be anyway?

Is that what earthlings present as humor?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 08:44 am
dadpad's an earthling?

Who knew!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 08:45 am
Facinating.

http://magicstatistics.com/wp-content/pictures/persons/Mr_Spock.jpg
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 10:09 am
The Facinating of Arrow
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 10:14 am
Chai wrote:
This is for a national meeting for my company that's held once a year. On various nights, they have theme nights, and such.

Since this is an olympic year, the 15 people going from my division thought they'd like to get dressed as olympic ath. Hence the Nike/Adidas track suits, gold medals, laurel leafs. The logo would be something from our divisional name.

instead of messing with the jackets too much, you could go with the traditional flag bearer or the locals carrying a banner in front of the athletes with the country/division name

will there be the option of different headgear to reflect different sports (more common for winter Olympics but ....)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 03:12 pm
You should have asked us yentas for ideas before went out and bought all these ferschluginner jackets.

But did you ask? NOOooooo.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 04:18 pm
Well, it turns out the logo that was bought totally sucked.

we're not going to put it on anyway.

man.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 05:26:18