Business A Week

mrcolj

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 06:14 pm
I'm a big fan of Jonathan Coulton's Thing a Week project, where he released a song a week for a year, under the assumption that most of them would suck, but a few of them would hit. For those of you who haven't heard of it, it's on Jonathancoulton.com. That's not my site so I can link to it.

My site, however, will remain nameless. BUT, I have been trying to put up one self-sustaining eCommerce site a week for a year. That means each week I launch a new website which exists to be profitable. These sites will fundamentally highlight my core competencies and gifts, be relatively self-maintaining, and marketing-driven. To be able to maintain 52 of them at once, they have to be self-evolving--largely just good ideas with ads, maybe syndicating products from amazon, etc.

So in the last 14 weeks I have created:
  1. the website for my business
  2. a print shop website
  3. an office surplus business
  4. a music site
  5. a management consultancy
  6. a wedding invitations advice blog
  7. a Bible discussion board unlike any other
  8. my own web design company
  9. a site that sells dvd players that edit movies while you watch
  10. a martial arts consulting site
  11. a place to tutor latin
  12. a news site
  13. a consultancy to sell print shops / copy shops
  14. the online division of a local pet store

Per able2know policy, I won't link to any of my sites, but if you want to find them, just google some of those terms together and eventually you'll find it. Or PM me here.

I'm here today to ask for any advice, discussion, or ideas. Coming up with 52 seriously valid ideas will be very difficult, and able2know is the most legit board I know (which is why it's where I ask all my questions. I got to 14 so far, but #15's proving tough. And if #15's done by the time you get there, please give me an idea for #16. Wink

Finally, if you'd like to partner on one of these or any idea of yours, we can do that too. I really do have the skills to do this, and that includes the skills to do whatever business is in your head. And I need partners for all of these.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 896 • Replies: 1
No top replies

mrcolj

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 07:29 pm
bump?
0 Replies