7
   

Most Ridiculous Album Covers of All Time

 
 
hingehead
 
  1  
Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 09:52 pm
Back to the gallery of bad covers

http://www.zonicweb.net/badalbmcvrs/gerhard.jpg
0 Replies
 
Shapeless
 
  1  
Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 09:56 pm
This one is most assuredly NOT from my collection.



http://www.musikmarkt-wiesbaden.de/images/KENNY%20G%20same.gif
0 Replies
 
hingehead
 
  1  
Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 12:05 am
Back to my collection:

http://cdbaby.name/t/e/teriyaki1.jpg
0 Replies
 
hingehead
 
  1  
Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 01:12 am
Back out of my collection

http://www.zonicweb.net/badalbmcvrs/heino.jpg
0 Replies
 
yitwail
 
  1  
Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 01:47 am
this probably qualifies as both a ridiculous album-cover & ridiculous-album cover Razz

http://amightywind.com/oprahf/pboone2.jpg
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 07:04 am
There was a big brouhaha over the cover of the Blind Faith album. Blind Faith was a briefly-lived group which formed from two members of the band Cream--Ginger Baker and Eric Clapton--Stevie Windwood of the group Traffic (which broke up, and was re-formed after Blind Faith broke up) and Rick Grech of the group Family. This is the album cover as it was issued in the United States, and later in the United Kingdom:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/46/Blindfaithalternate.jpg

Because this is the original album cover:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a8/BlindFaithBlindFaith.jpg
Edit [Moderator]: Image converted to a link

. . . and the American recording company was unwilling to use that cover in the U.S. It was once alleged that the young lady pictured was Ginger Baker's 14 year old daughter, but that was rock and roll legend. The photographer eventually revealed that had approached a 14 year old girl in a tube station, but he found that she was too well physically developed for the effect he was seeking, so he photographed her 11 year old sister. The girl tried to hold out for a horse, but eventually accepted a fee of 40 pounds sterling.
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 07:08 am
I didn't post that because i think either album cover is ridiculous, but because i find the censorship which was practiced was ridiculous.
0 Replies
 
Bella Dea
 
  1  
Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 09:13 am
Setanta wrote:
There was a big brouhaha over the cover of the Blind Faith album. Blind Faith was a briefly-lived group which formed from two members of the band Cream--Ginger Baker and Eric Clapton--Stevie Windwood of the group Traffic (which broke up, and was re-formed after Blind Faith broke up) and Rick Grech of the group Family. This is the album cover as it was issued in the United States, and later in the United Kingdom:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/46/Blindfaithalternate.jpg

Because this is the original album cover:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a8/BlindFaithBlindFaith.jpg
Edit [Moderator]: Image converted to a link

. . . and the American recording company was unwilling to use that cover in the U.S. It was once alleged that the young lady pictured was Ginger Baker's 14 year old daughter, but that was rock and roll legend. The photographer eventually revealed that had approached a 14 year old girl in a tube station, but he found that she was too well physically developed for the effect he was seeking, so he photographed her 11 year old sister. The girl tried to hold out for a horse, but eventually accepted a fee of 40 pounds sterling.


My dad had/has the "dirty" Blind Faith cover.
0 Replies
 
Bella Dea
 
  1  
Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 09:16 am
Totally creeped me out.
http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/worst-album-covers/19-1.jpg

I just loved the title.
http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/worst-album-covers/33-1.jpg

At least they are addressing everyone....
http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/worst-album-covers/42-1.jpg

And last but not least....

The Village People get FUNKY (er).
http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/worst-album-covers/41-1.jpg
Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing
0 Replies
 
Shapeless
 
  1  
Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 11:34 am
Another "bust cover" (pun intended) from the Westminster Gold series, this time for a recording of Wagner's Die Walk├╝re:



http://musicology.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/12/10/wgso81763c.jpg
0 Replies
 
Chai
 
  1  
Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 12:04 pm
Shapeless wrote:
This one is most assuredly NOT from my collection.



http://www.musikmarkt-wiesbaden.de/images/KENNY%20G%20same.gif




Oh


My


God....


That is so disturbing.
0 Replies
 
PastaRoni
 
  1  
Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 02:14 pm
the handsome beasts totally win
hands down
0 Replies
 
Region Philbis
 
  1  
Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 05:50 am
http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/worst-album-covers/5-1.jpg



http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/worst-album-covers/48-1.jpg
0 Replies
 
jespah
 
  2  
Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 09:09 am
Region Philbis wrote:
http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/worst-album-covers/5-1.jpg



http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/worst-album-covers/48-1.jpg


Honey, if you ever approach me wearing either of these outfits, I'm going home to Mother.
0 Replies
 
Shapeless
 
  1  
Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 12:52 pm
jespah wrote:
Honey, if you ever approach me wearing either of these outfits, I'm going home to Mother.


At least they're outfits of some kind. Could be worse:


http://www.gigwise.com/gallery/prince-prince.jpg



http://tornandfrayed.typepad.com/tornandfrayed/images/2007/05/24/album_jim_post.jpg



http://www.bizarrerecords.com/galleries/dontask/orleans.jpg
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2008 07:57 am
There's something perverse about an ethic which yanks my image of an 11-year-old girl with no shirt, but is comfortable with all this display of man nipple.
0 Replies
 
Shapeless
 
  1  
Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2008 03:14 pm
In case you can't read the red script at the bottom, it reads "The Ministers Quartet."



http://www.stevecarter.com/worstalbumcovers07.jpg
0 Replies
 
yitwail
 
  1  
Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2008 03:49 pm
http://roterbaron.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/97-1.jpg
0 Replies
 
hingehead
 
  1  
Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2008 03:51 pm
Shapeless wrote:



http://tornandfrayed.typepad.com/tornandfrayed/images/2007/05/24/album_jim_post.jpg


Beautiful. 'I Love My Life' and he seems to be really enjoying too.
0 Replies
 
hingehead
 
  1  
Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2008 03:57 pm
More nipple action

Come on Eileen


http://www.zonicweb.net/badalbmcvrs/kevinrowlandmybeauty.jpg
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Rockhead's Music Thread - Discussion by Rockhead
What are you listening to right now? - Discussion by Craven de Kere
WA2K Radio is now on the air - Discussion by Letty
Just another music thread. - Discussion by msolga
Classical anyone? - Discussion by JPB
Ship Ahoy: The O'Jays - Discussion by edgarblythe
Evolutionary purpose of music. - Discussion by jackattack
An a2k experiment: What is our favorite song? - Discussion by Robert Gentel
THE DAY THE MUSIC DIED . . . - Discussion by Setanta
Has a Song Ever Made You Cry? - Discussion by Diest TKO
 
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/24/2022 at 10:25:36