A2K Matters?

Chumly

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 07:43 pm
Now that I have your rapt attention; well......does it matter, or is all that's posted here simply very-soon-to-be-cyber-dust?

Has it changed anyone?
Made a bigot into a humanitarian?
Made an ignoramus into an intellectual?
Expanded horizons by some margin, big or small?

Or is it all simply at best amusing, flotsam and jetsam, no matter how engaging it might appear for the moment?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,750 • Replies: 59
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2008 04:37 am
Me.
It's changed me.
I was a gawky fourteen, er, nineteen year old girl lying legs akimbo on the crowded Gulf beachs of Florida seeking nothing more than a suntan.

Now look at me.

Joe(wait. Let me check my lipstick)Nation
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2008 04:53 am
I once was no edgarblythe. Now I are one.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2008 06:16 am
A bit of rapt from the gentle posters.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2008 07:06 am
A2K has cured me of my ebola and AIDS.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2008 08:08 am
one expanded horizon.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2008 08:19 am
BBB
My straight hair is now curly.

BBB
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2008 08:50 am
I was a successful proctologist. now I'm happy to spend my days here..... I've lost my family and most of my friends, my standing in the community has sunk to record low levels.... and I've lost all sense of self respect....however... I get to see a lot more ass holes than before.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2008 08:26 pm
Once upon a time I was trapped in Bush country (and I don't mean Africa) and constantly felt like the little boy who kept exclaiming, "But he isn't wearing any clothes!" Then a nineteen-year-old girl on a Florida beach (with some serious chest hair) showed me the way here. Since then, I've discovered there's a whole horrified crowd of us watching a Naked Emperor.

I'm sure there's a moral to this story somewhere, but I'll be damned if I can figure out what it is.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 10:42 am
Quote:
Or is it all simply at best amusing, flotsam and jetsam, no matter how engaging it might appear for the moment?

Yes.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 11:34 am
I love it when you say "yes"!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 05:50 pm
Re: A2K Matters?
Chumly wrote:
Now that I have your rapt attention; well......does it matter, or is all that's posted here simply very-soon-to-be-cyber-dust?

Has it changed anyone?
...?

Just asked the people who started relationships with folks they met through A2K.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 07:09 pm
Or anyone who has been helped.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 07:46 pm
I been helped.

And I know a couple other folks that might be better off for having been here.

RH
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 08:02 pm
Ditto.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 08:08 pm
Over the last few months I have found myself spending less and less time here. I have the impression that the quality of the discourse, particularly on the political & news threads, has taken a marked downhill trajectory. Discussion & disagreement have been replaced by name-calling and increasingly strident bashing of others. Too bad.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 11:56 pm
George, this is cyclical. And within that, I expect it to bloom further.
Please don't go and devolve. I always pay attention to what you say and know others who do too.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 08:12 am
Re: A2K Matters?
Chumly wrote:

Has it changed anyone?
Made a bigot into a humanitarian?
Made an ignoramus into an intellectual?
Expanded horizons by some margin, big or small?

dust in the wind... all we are is dust in the wiiii...iiii...iiiind

Hehe... just kidding. Really, A2K's been a charm. Had rough patches here and there, but the willingness and patience of the majority to offer help was really good for a while there. I wouldn't say A2K's "changed me" though... However, I will say that it has helped at times to show me the changes I needed to make in my life.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 03:46 pm
ossobuco wrote:
George, this is cyclical. And within that, I expect it to bloom further.
Please don't go and devolve. I always pay attention to what you say and know others who do too.

An unexpected kindness. Thank you, Osso
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 03:51 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I once was no edgarblythe. Now I are one.

once i didn't know no edgarblythe, and now i do (along with a host of other really good people)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » A2K Matters?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 02:17:35