Are there any fellow guitar players out there?

kerver

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 12:49 am
Hello everyone at a2k, i was just wondering how many of you play guitar and what kind you have? I have a "Martin acoustic", "Cort Mirage" electric, and a "Cort" amplified acoustic. I taught myself how to play about 3 years ago or so, and ever since i find it really hard to put the guitar down. I write my own songs and am in the process of recording a demo. How bout you people Question
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,280 • Replies: 11
No top replies

harmonic

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 01:56 am
Hey k. Yeah, I play.

Started out with a generic axe my mom got me for Christmas 1983. A black Strat-style with a built-in amp... I mean it actually had a little 4" speaker built into the body and a gain knob beside it. It had "Terminator" written on the headstock.

I have a collection of gear, and have lost as many valuable pieces as I own now... My most prized items are an ESP Stephen Carpenter sig. series, a custom shop ESP MII, a '92 Gibson explorer, a '90 Gibson Les Paul Classic, and a Takimine EF108K acoustic. Got probably 10,000 watts worth of amp... Marshall, Laney, Line 6. My fav amp is my little Flextone II. I write a lot but don't record any of it. I got issues with it I guess. I'm 30 now and got a family and all that. Havin 3 kids does something to my creativity, like I shouldn't be wasting my time with it. I still play almost everyday though, but I seem to get more out of picking along with Dave Gilmour than I do working though my own stuff. It's all good in the end. I enjoy working with the instrument . What I do with it doesn't matter as much as that I do.

Ya dig?
0 Replies

kerver

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 02:08 am
Sounds like you have quite the great collection there, thats awesome. I want to eventually get myself a nice Gibson. I've never heard of the kind of guitar with a built in amp like that, i'd be interesting to see a pic. Nice to hear that you play guitar, I love that. I also teach free guitar lessons about once a week. Money isn't as important as giving someone else a chance to pick the strings. Keep up the playin!
0 Replies

harmonic

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 02:23 am
That's a good attidude k. As rewarding as playing can be, passing it on to another is really a special thing. My youngest son has it in him. He picks up stuff just a quick as I do, it blows me away. He's got the ear.

"I love guitars. The complexity, the technicality,
the possibilities. It's so expressive. Other
instruments invite my attention, the guitar consumes
my attention. And then there's the electricity....
the real power, the energy that fuels this relationship.
The guitar is an endless highway of expression with
no speed limit, but the electricity is what truly
grips me. The electricity that flows from my brain
through my nerves, that controls my hands and fingers,
that surges through my guitar and out of my amp and
pierces all barriers. I don't play the guitar, I use it.
The electricity is what I play."
0 Replies

kev

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 01:34 pm
The two guys on here play very well:

http://www.topeuro.co.uk/blagger/the_duel.html
0 Replies

kerver

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 04:42 pm
Hey Kev, thats hilarious! Just curious as to where you got that. Did you create it or find it somewhere?
0 Replies

kev

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 05:16 pm
Hi kerver,

Glad you liked it, I just noticed it on another site and purloined the url.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 05:13 am
S'anyway... I decided that 40 some odd years of air guitar was enough... started taking lessons last November.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 05:37 am
Glad this thread popped up again, I was looking for it. I have bought and sold or given away many guitars (and a banjo). I am down to two now, my '79 Tobacco Sunburst Les Paul Custom, and a Guild Jumbo Body acoustic, satin finish, about 10 years old now. I traded in my Marshall years ago for a 100 watt Gallien-Kreuger, which is a sweet little amp. The distortion function sucks, but I have a RealTube pedal, so that works just fine.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 07:07 am
I once had a roommate who sounded just like this dude. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

kerver

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 10:05 am
I just got a new amp and a wa-wa pedal....lol....i'm having a blast with them. Now I have no excuse to put the guitar down.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 08:25 pm
We are a family of guitar players and we have a family of guitars: A Black Strat, A Red Vintage Fender Mustang, An Ovation, and a Guild. I also have an autoharp that's very old.
0 Replies