Are you worried if your offer is accepted right away?

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2008 03:00 am
We've just put an offer to a house that we like. We had anticipated that the vendor would want a higher price and that the negotiation would drag on a little while.

However, to our surprise, the vendor accepted our offer straight away. Suddenly we feel a bit concerned. We had thought our initial offer was a bit low given the house's location (in the suburbs of London).

What would you do if you were in this situation?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 742 • Replies: 3
No top replies

JPB

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2008 06:07 am
I assume you are willing to pay the offer price for the house, otherwise you wouldn't have made the offer. I also assume your contract stipulates that the house pass inspection and appraises for at least the contract price. If it does, you've just bought a house you like for a price you're willing to pay. If it doesn't you can back out of the contract or renegotiate the sale price. There's enough angst in buying a house that you don't need to stress over whether or not you've made the best possible deal.

Enjoy!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2008 06:13 am
I agree with JPB. You would not have made an offer unless you meant it. You probably have no idea as to why the people are selling the house. Maybe they need the money quickly for one thing or another. Maybe they have already bought another house, and are pressured to make a deal quickly.

I don't know what is happening in England, but in the US, the real estate market is so lousy for sellers, that many homes are being sold at far less than they would have gotten just a few years ago. Sellers are happy to get an offer, any offer, especially if they are pressured to sell because of circumstances.

Be happy that you have a house that you want. Best of luck in your new home! Very Happy
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2008 06:41 am
Maybe they just want to sell it.

Wait til the inspection and make sure nothing is wrong with the house.

Then get your keys and enjoy!
0 Replies