Ever Wonder...

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 06:32 am
....if the "ugly" people, the dorks, the undesirables in movies and commercials know they are ugly, dorky or undesirable? I mean, do these people look for positions that require such traits?

Sometimes, they can take an average person and make them look ugly or greeky or whatever. But sometimes, it is apparent that the person is just plain unattractive, no matter how you dress it up.

I always wonder that....it was spurned by the Pepto Bismol commercial with that dorky looking Middle Eastern guy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,200 • Replies: 31
No top replies

Chai

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 06:51 am
Oh yeah, if you google modeling agency ugly people or things like that, you'll see there a quite a few business that work with average, normal, or funny looking/ugly people....Here's One

A lot of these people aren't ugly, a lot are just regular looking, average people. But for instance on the link above, if you click on "specials" you can get photos of thugs, bikers, and more freaky looking models.

Sure, I'm sure it's big business.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 07:05 am
no, can't say as I ever spend time wondering if "ugly" people, dorks or undesirables think of themselves as such. Prolly cause I don't know who those people are.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 07:34 am
Like the caddy from Happy Gilmore. I remember being at the theatre laughing my ass off just when he first appeared.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 07:37 am
wow
http://www.ugly.org/g1/girls_1.html

the very first model? Top left corner?

what is so ugly about her?!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 07:39 am
It is a bit discouraging to see that all the ugly men on Chai's link are better-looking than me.

With the possible exception of this guy...

http://www.ugly.org/m3/battenbough%20terry.jpg

Well, now that I study him so more I guess we would have to call it a tie.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 07:40 am
shewolfnm wrote:
wow

Look into her eyes, shewolf. She is ugly on the inside
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 08:15 am
JPB wrote:
no, can't say as I ever spend time wondering if "ugly" people, dorks or undesirables think of themselves as such. Prolly cause I don't know who those people are.

You think that physically all people are attractive?

I don't believe that for a minute.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 08:19 am
Chai wrote:
Oh yeah, if you google modeling agency ugly people or things like that, you'll see there a quite a few business that work with average, normal, or funny looking/ugly people....Here's One

A lot of these people aren't ugly, a lot are just regular looking, average people. But for instance on the link above, if you click on "specials" you can get photos of thugs, bikers, and more freaky looking models.

Sure, I'm sure it's big business.

What's ugly about ANY of those girls?

Seriously, I didn't see one on the first page that I'd classify as ugly.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 08:32 am
Bella Dea wrote:
JPB wrote:

You think that physically all people are attractive?

I don't believe that for a minute.

believe what you want bella, but I don't think of ANYONE as "ugly", dorks, or undesirable. Except perhaps those who sit in judgement of others.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 08:36 am
Uglies know and beauties know. I remember seeing an ad in The Village Voice many years ago looking for "character actors". They wanted people with "unusual or homely" features for a billboard ad of some kind. I'm sure they had plenty of responses with excellent candidates. I think people know when they are outside the social range of normal or pretty. WC Fields,
Fanny Brice, Rodney Dangerfield, Joey Ramone or anyone who was in Alka-Seltzer commerical made a career of looking goofy. I think it would impossible to go through life and not know your face is radically different from the masses.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 08:37 am
I'm not judging anyone. It's the simple truth.

Physical beauty does not belong to everyone.

Plain and simple.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 08:39 am
Ah... so now you're qualifying down to the subset of undesirables that are only phyiscally undesirable. mighty white of you.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 08:41 am
JPB wrote:
Ah... so now you're qualifying down to the subset of undesirables that are only phyiscally undesirable. mighty white of you.

Excuse me?

Not quite sure i understand what you're trying to say. The thread is about physical beauty. Not any other type.

Just the package, not the contents.

How hard is that for you to get?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 10:20 am
Yeah Bella, I agree that website wasn't the best example as far a ugly, as in physicallly unattractive. But I know they're out there.

I don't get it either most of the time when they say "This girl is pretty, this one is ugly" when really they look basically the same. I guess it's those people who have cookie cutter faces. Nothing really stands out, and that's supposed to be beauty.

Anyway, have you every looked at some of those high fashion models?

THAT's supposed to be beauty?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 10:24 am
I think most people know that they are ugly or for a more politically correct term unusual looking. But not all - just like on Idol some people think they can sing when they can't.

I remember once recently after I graduated college seeing a fellow classmate of mine when I was in another town. I didn't really "know" this person well, but his face stuck out to me because I thought he was so funny looking. So I figured I would say, "hi how are things." This bone head thought I remembered him because I thought he was so hot and even had the nerve to say so. I could have ripped him apart as this was completely the opposite reason, but instead (for once) I decided to be nice and simply said, "No, I am sure that is not the reason."
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 10:51 am
The word 'ugly' does not have to have a BAD meaning to it.

Unfortunately it DOES.. but lets remove it for a second.

Ugly simple means you are not the common , attractive type.
You are not symmetrical. You are not proportionate.

most people are not.
That isnt a big deal.

There are UGLY people out there. There are BEAUTIFUL people are there too.

We are programmed to be attracted to certain types of people who match what ever genetic make up we crave. That is what we call beauty. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Those that do not match that genetic make up each individual craves, are ugly.
plain and simple.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 10:52 am
Well, if other people thought I was ugly, but I didn't, I guess that's all that matters.

I've known people, both men and women that, if someone didn't know them, and just took them for their surface appearance, wouldn't find them attractive.

But in fact, they were extremely hot.

You know, this makes me remember something I've heard, kinda in joking, but there's these underlying belief.

Something about fat women or ugly women or some other version of undesirable are sometimes really good in bed because they're so grateful.

I think they're good in bed because they're good in bed. I don't understand why that has to be qualified by saying they're that way because they're so grateful someone deemed to pay attention to them.

Same thing for when a woman gets older.

Once I got past 40 or so, I've had experiences where I can tell some young guy, cookie cutter good looking, thinks I should be grateful some old bag like me is being addressed by such gorgeousity.

Screw that, he should be grateful I'm letting him talk to me.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 12:20 pm
I missed another cat fight. I could have been in the midst of this thing, reveling in the chaos, but instead I chose to work on my garage door.

I really must set my priorities in the future.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 12:48 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
wow

Or any of them?! That's so depressing! Guess I'm gonna have to sign with the ol' ugly talent agency when I decide to break into show biz...

Did you notice the one right towards the center, with blonde wavy hair and a cowboy hat on? Mary Brennan, if you click on the picture...You can't tell me that woman thinks she's ugly! That is a confident looking chica...I mean, come ON, she's a singer/songwriter with great hair & a cowboy hat on! How cool can you get?

Hopefully most of these people know they're not really ugly, just not PERFECT enough to manage as leading ladies in stupid Hollywood....
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Ever Wonder...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/08/2024 at 12:26:33