Are Pink Bathsheets an Obsolete Species?

alex240101

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 10:12 am
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod39710053&parentId=cat3800738&masterId=cat3520803&index=2&cmCat=cat000000cat980731cat6000734cat3520803cat3800738
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 12:51 pm
Around Valentine's Day they had pink towels everywhere, even pink
kitchen towels. So you might want to look next year - in the meantime,
buy some from the sources given. THe Ralph Lauren ones look very
luxurious and fluffy.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 01:05 pm
Alex- I am sorry that I did not wait for your post. The Neiman Marcus (without the monogram....I am NOT into monograms) would have been just perfect.

Macy's had a sale a bath sheet that was the same make as the washcloth that I love. It was $50, on sale for $40-. They talked me into getting a Macy card, which I will never use again, but it gave me 15% off the sale price. Problem was that it does not come in pink. I had to settle for the same color as my carpet, which is a beigy color. it worls!

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=91086&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results#
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 01:45 pm
All of these examples of pink sheets and you settle for beige!!! Where's your sales resistance?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 01:57 pm
flyboy804 wrote:
All of these examples of pink sheets and you settle for beige!!! Where's your sales resistance?

Actually there was no sales resistence involved. I wanted THAT towel. In fact, the saleslady tried to show me a towel that came in pink, but I wouldn't use it to wash my car.

Bottom line, ideally I wanted pink, but I ended up with beige, because the towel itself is more important than the color. (As you may have gathered, I am not the sort who would find my house featured in House Beautiful).

I do love the towel, and I'll simply ignore the color! :wink:
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 02:33 pm
Nice!

I see you settled with the "hotel collection". Smile

The texture and size is everything!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 06:02 pm
Wanna hear something funny? Just for the hell of it, I went to Google, and typed in "pink bathsheets". Do you know what came up on the top of the list? THIS THREAD!

I thought that was so cute, that I E Mailed my son and told him about it. So what does he do? He buys me a present of........................PINK BATHSHEETS!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 07:05 pm
You raised him well, Phoenix. It's not even Mother's Day yet! Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 07:07 pm
... and you can never have enough bath sheets ... at least I can't. I use 3 bath sheets and 1 towel after each shower ... I like to be swathed in plush terrycloth.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 07:28 pm
Aww, now that is a son ! Now you have a whole bunch of new wonderful stuff to lounge in after your bath.

ehbeth, so you have been initiated into the secrets of the bathroom sisterhood then.

The bath is my sanctuary and not to be messed with.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 11:39 pm
When I moved to north north about nine years ago (geez, already?), I bought two new bathrobes, yes, for guys. First of all, they were cheaper than women's robes and of much better terry cloth re thickness and fluffyness. I figured I'd have guests and leave one in the murphy bedroom.

Time passed and I did have guests and none of them ever donned the bathrobe. I guess my friends/relatives weren't either chilly or shy. The robes happened to be a dark burgundy. Yes, you guessed it. I now have a nice dark pink rug, and a fair amount of other items purposely "robed" into a certain pink.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2008 07:39 pm
I like a man's bathrobe too. I have stitched up the front and used it as a popover-type thing -- never flaps open!

My washer/dryer is a stacker unit in the bathroom. Funny place for it? Not as soon as you learn to pop your towels/sleepwear into the dryer (on high heat, of course) before you step into the tub. So lovely and warm when you get out!

I'll never have a bathroom without some kind of a towel heater again! Smile
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/21/2024 at 06:09:44