Sweating the little stuff

Debacle

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 06:26 pm
All very interesting.

Folks often tell me, "Debacle, there's no need to complain about "blah, blah, blah", there's nothing you can do about it." Which is true, and that's precisely why I complain about such stuff. If I could do anything about the weather, I'd do it, not go on fussing about it. But as I can't, I gripe.

Mosquitoes bug ya, go in the house. If they make it indoors, then pi$$ and moan until you think of something else.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 07:51 pm
why do you do that?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 08:06 pm
I'm Miss Picky, but I rarely make a fluffola about it. I will send lukewarm biscuits and gravy back for a nuke, nicely. I get it that orders for a table have a timing. I try to preclude even a semi scene by emphasizing HOT to the waiter or waitress.

If a place is wonderful with gourmetish efforts and one thing is off and the waiter is going on and on with food repartee, I'll tell him my opinion, usually starting with good, and ending with good, if that is possible. Chefs/cooks are often open to opinion so they can gauge the clientele before failing in business in a competive market. If something is terrific I'll let it be known.
Chef and partners can make evaluations depending on what they are after.

If the whole thing is drecko, there is no point and it isn't the waiters/waitresses' fault, unless of course the last ninety eight people threw up and he/she didn't tell the cook.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 08:20 pm
I was a foodie before foodie was a word, as far as I know. Say late sixties. I do care how food is prepared, sometimes for the learning and sometimes for the avoidance. Exhibiting that I know anything has relevance once in a while and none at all other times. At this point in my days, I save it for those who would be interested, and that depends, whatever the place.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 08:59 am
I'm with dadpad on following up where I am dissatisfied. In most cases though I do try to be diplomatic - not angry - realizing others make mistakes, that depending on the situation it may not be such a rewarding job with low pay so you get what you pay for.

As far as food - it sort of depends. There are some things I just plain don't like - for example sugar in my coffee. I have learned to taste my coffee before leaving the drive-through. I don't get angry at the mistake; I simply want them to fix it. Everyone makes mistakes so why would you get mad as long as they fix it?

At a more expensive restaurant, I would expect my food to be prepared as asked and to have good service, if I don't, I send the food back or if service is bad, I let the manager know. How else to can a place correct an action if they don't know about it. I think if you are reasonable as a customer or human being in general, you can handle a dispute appropriately - without getting angry.

It's funny because my husband can get angry quickly and gets upset at the small things. Some one is driving too slow or they seemed confused when driving. He'll get all bent out of shape. I say, maybe their lost or try to see their point of view. The other night he was all uptight about getting the kids to bed. They were all riled up so it took a bit more to calm them. We got them to bed and he is still all wound up - we were making a late dinner together for just the two of us and I'm saying to him calm down and enjoy it. He finally realized how crazy it was to be angry and to just let it go and relax. I think some people just have a more difficult time letting go and relaxing.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 09:14 am
Linkat wrote:
or they seemed confused when driving.

oh yeah, I've seen drivers get on someone's ass or blow their horn because the other guy is unsure of where they are going.

Yeah, that helps, take someone who's confused already and stress them out more.

I'll admit, I've seen people who are confused, but way overdo it, like they stop in the middle of the street, then drive foward a few feet, stop again...

They need to just pull over and figure it out first.

I notice though nowadays the people who do that are also talking on their cells at the same time.

But, I've been the one cruising along the highway someplace I've never been, trying to read a road sign that's got information for 10 different things, and mine is #7....all at 65 mph....it really helps me decide what to do when someone is having angina behind me because I hesitate for a second.

One thing I have no patience for telemarketers, and their kind....so, I never answer my phone, problem solved.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 09:29 am
So you mean if I call you from here I gotta leave a message?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 09:40 am
If I hear it's you, I'll pick up.

Everyone I know knows that.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 09:45 am
Right then... are you listed under Wally or Chai Tea?

Just noticed your sig line! I think you should quit following people around and harassing them, Chai... it's just not classy.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/16/2024 at 09:57:27