How to decrible spring(water) in a word

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 09:45 pm
Our company wants to put forward a new brand of water which I call it "Melodious Spring". Could you understand what I mean?

a kind of mineral water , we want to name it, which one is better: melody spring & melodious spring or rythme spring, or some else . Please help me! Thank you very much! From China.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,626 • Replies: 17
No top replies

username

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 09:52 pm
As a name, It probably doesn't work too well in English. "Melody Spring" would be my thought for the best of the ones you mentioned, but you might want to work more on some aspect of nature or purity or mountain lakes. Think about a scroll painting for a label. And a word of warning: given the recent worldwide upset about Chinese-made pharmaceuticals and hazardous ingredients in human food, pet food, and manufactured products, you'd better be prepared to do a LOT of work and documentation, and constant chemical analysis, to prove your water is in fact drinkable, because it's likely to come under intense scrutiny.
0 Replies

zhy5735053

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 11:06 pm
username wrote:
As a name, It probably doesn't work too well in English. "Melody Spring" would be my thought for the best of the ones you mentioned, but you might want to work more on some aspect of nature or purity or mountain lakes. Think about a scroll painting for a label. And a word of warning: given the recent worldwide upset about Chinese-made pharmaceuticals and hazardous ingredients in human food, pet food, and manufactured products, you'd better be prepared to do a LOT of work and documentation, and constant chemical analysis, to prove your water is in fact drinkable, because it's likely to come under intense scrutiny.

First, thank you for you suggestion, but i have to say each country has its own problems, and no investigatio, no say! Anyone should do a LOT of work and documentation before argurations. not all of food are bad, and also not all of food overseas are good. there are still many people who want to say something bad to China.
I advise you to come to China to see whether what you are thinking is right.
0 Replies

username

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 11:42 pm
Hey, I'm a Sinophile. There is a lot of Chinese art and culture that I love. But if you're asking about a name in English, you're talking about world markets. And I'm telling you the truth here--there have been a series of very high-profile problems around the world with Chinese products. There have been a lot of cheaper additives that have proven dangerous. There is a lot of negative perception about safety. That is simply the climate today. Unfair or not, there it is. If you introduce a human-ingestible product into the world market, be very, very careful that you have tested EVERYTHING, and that you continue to test everything, and all your suppliers. There have probably been better times to do it.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 12:21 am
Username is quite right. It may or may not be fair, zyh, but that perception is something you're going to have to deal with.
0 Replies

solipsister

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 01:05 am
WET YOUR SELF
0 Replies

username

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 01:43 am
well, that's certainly an advertising approach no one has tried yet, solipsister. Smile
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 02:14 am
That's hilarious.
0 Replies

solipsister

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 04:45 am
I almost bought it
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 04:53 am
roger wrote:
That's hilarious.

It's rude, discourteous, rather stupid and not in the least funny.
0 Replies

solipsister

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 05:20 am
They can hardly call the water McTag
0 Replies

missconduct

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 09:04 am
spring water
With utmost respect, I suggest the name "Lead-free Spring Water"
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 10:05 am
solipsister wrote:
They can hardly call the water McTag

No, but "Guten Tag!" perhaps.

A nice bubbly name; puts a spring in your step.
0 Replies

verbivore

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2008 05:43 am
melody spring
hi while melodious spring sounds grammatically correct ...i would suggest melody spring coz its easier for the common man to catch on the name..and in the name that is what all brands should try for...man shud be able to say it while hes breathing..and hes out of breathe then ur name is a success and then ur product...

make it one word if possible..just a suggestion
melody spring is fine...
all the best

how about "aquaTune" ??????
0 Replies

solipsister

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2008 05:55 am
Re: How to decrible spring(water) in a word
zhy5735053 wrote:
Our company wants to put forward a new brand of water which I call it "Melodious Spring". Could you understand what I mean?

a kind of mineral water , we want to name it, which one is better: melody spring & melodious spring or rythme spring, or some else . Please help me! Thank you very much! From China.

WET

slogans ::: your self

should i commend wet your appetite
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2008 05:59 am
Please don't confuse wet with whet.
0 Replies

solipsister

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2008 06:02 am
I don't

Or something else

YELLOW

slogans :

river
gold
below
shower
bite
hello
0 Replies

zhy5735053

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 07:23 am
Thks for all your suggestions. We choose "Melody spring".each one has his own problems.
0 Replies