Relatively Normal Things that Make Me Noivous

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 04:03 am
When I am watching "Law and Order" and it's already fifty-five minutes past the hour and they still haven't gotten the older sister to admit that it was her obession with her estranged father which caused her to become fixated on a soap opera in which two sisters murder a neighbor, just like what happened in real life and the other sister is being bailed out, but not her and she is still not budging towards a confession.... .....

Joe(Ooo, that's gets me on edge.)Nation
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 05:05 am
Re the malls and ceiling fans...

Both are things that used to throw me into full blown panic attacks.

With the malls, like George said, it was the sensory overload. Literally too much info hitting a brain that translated it into a fight or flight situation.

Same with ceiling fans. I wasn't afraid a blade would come off, just looking up and seeing that fast motion.

Very normal, everyday things, overblown reaction.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 05:06 am
Oh yeah, Law and Order....I look at the clock too and wonder how they're going to wrap it up.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 05:22 am
Hey Joe, I caught part of that episode. I never had a moment's doubt that the older sister would cave. What a couple of meshuginas.

Let's face it. The only way things aren't resolved in hour-long dramas is if they're two parters.

Sure things: death, taxes, resolutions to tv dramas.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 05:32 am
I HATE big shopping malls, too.

They make me feel kind of ill and disoriented.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 05:50 am
The local greeting card store is full of mass produced junk that people buy to show their individuality.

Things and things and things and things and things.

I'm a snobbish materialist who must establish a relationship with objects I encounter. I'm conditioned to observe and consider and evaluate. This is my hunter/gatherer heritage.

Things and things and things and things result in sensory overload, an invasion and distortion of my umwelt.

Do "they" do it on purpose?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 06:06 am
CalamityJane wrote:
I get very nervous about ceiling fans, especially when they're on high
speed. I always think one of the blades will fall out and hit me. I just
can't sit near them when they're on.

Oy! I play bridge in a room that is in my community center. There are two ceiling fans that need rebalancing, desperately. It will only show up when the fans are on "high". They wobble enough that I am certain that someday they will loosen themselves from their attachments, and fall, right on my head. (It would probably happen just as I am about to make a grand slam. Sad )

I have told the maintenance people about this problem maybe a half dozen times, and nothing is ever done. When I get to the room, I try to grab a table that is not under one of the fans.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 06:36 am
Roberta wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
when my phone rings at 3 or 4 am and I answer and a voice on the other end says they're on their way to my house to cut my throat and then f*ck me in the wound... all under the direction of Lord Satan... that makes me just a tinch noivous...... but I'm sure that's happened to you...

Constantly. Doesn't make me nervous so much as pissed off. This is why I keep the ringer on the phone turned off.

I would do that, but sometimes it's a succubus who calls and I hate missing those calls....
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 07:06 am
Noddy24 wrote:
The local greeting card store is full of mass produced junk that people buy to show their individuality.

Things and things and things and things and things.

I'm a snobbish materialist who must establish a relationship with objects I encounter. I'm conditioned to observe and consider and evaluate. This is my hunter/gatherer heritage.

Things and things and things and things result in sensory overload, an invasion and distortion of my umwelt.

Do "they" do it on purpose?

This is worthy of a thread of its own.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 07:11 am
Chai--

Feel free.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 11:07 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
umwelt.

Thanks for the new word, Noddy. I'm gonna try to work it into a conversation.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 03:46 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Roberta wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
when my phone rings at 3 or 4 am and I answer and a voice on the other end says they're on their way to my house to cut my throat and then f*ck me in the wound... all under the direction of Lord Satan... that makes me just a tinch noivous...... but I'm sure that's happened to you...

Constantly. Doesn't make me nervous so much as pissed off. This is why I keep the ringer on the phone turned off.

I would do that, but sometimes it's a succubus who calls and I hate missing those calls....

What kind of fuhkakta succubus calls first? Next thing you know, they'll be unionized.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 04:44 am
Is that how you spell fuhkakta?

Joe(I worry about things like that)Nation
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 05:49 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Is that how you spell fuhkakta?

Joe(I worry about things like that)Nation

That's how I spell fuhkakta. I think Phoenix spells it ferkakta. I spell it the way I say it.

Ro (not worried about this; got enough else to worry about) berta
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 06:24 am
Roberta wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Roberta wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

What kind of fuhkakta succubus calls first? Next thing you know, they'll be unionized.

Damn fine thing if they were......

Creatures of the Night Union.......CONTU.

THINK of the environmental hazards alone!!!!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 06:28 am
dlowan wrote:
Roberta wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Roberta wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Damn fine thing if they were......

Creatures of the Night Union.......CONTU.

THINK of the environmental hazards alone!!!!

I was thinking more along the lines of Succubi R Us, but I'm from the US of A. We don't got no class--well mostly.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 07:19 am
Roberta--

I don't got no class. You ain't got no class.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 02:48 pm
Hey, I've got two classes. Somebody can have one of 'em.

:wink:
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 02:54 pm
shewolfnm wrote:

Grates in the ground. I avoid those like the plague as well

OMG me too. Shocked
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 03:06 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
shewolfnm wrote:

Grates in the ground. I avoid those like the plague as well

OMG me too. Shocked

They used to make me nervous when I wore heels. Now, not so much.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/20/2024 at 01:19:41