Customer Service?

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 01:14 pm
Today, I needed to order a new battery for my Panasonic wireless phone. So I went to the Panasonic site and found a store near me that supposedly carries these batteries.

I called this store, told them I wanted to know if they had this particular battery in stock, and was put on hold. About ten minutes later......some other guy gets on the phone to ask if he can help, so I tell him I'm looking for this particular battery. I get put on hold again.

I must've been on hold a good fifteen minutes. I finally hung up, and called them back again. I told the chick who answered the phone that I was looking for this battery -- and before she got a chance to put me on hold -- I gave her the stock number. She said she'd check for me. About five minutes later she comes back and says they don't have it.

Thank you very much. Rolling Eyes

So then I go back to the Panasonic site to order it, and the site doesn't work. You know how you click on that button that says, "Add to Cart?" Well, I clicked on it about three times, and it just kept coming back to the same page. It doesn't go to the next page, where you actually pay for it, and enter your address.

So then I called the 800 number on the battery. I get one of those automated systems, which tells me that to order replacement parts, I need to call another 800 number.

I call the second 800 number, and finally get through to a customer service rep, and finally -- I get to order the battery!

HALLEUJAH!!!

Altogether, this whole transaction took only forty minutes! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Sorry, I just needed to rant. Thanks for being there for me, and not putting me on hold.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 627 • Replies: 5
No top replies

fishin

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 02:31 pm
Re: Customer Service?
Stray Cat wrote:
So then I go back to the Panasonic site to order it, and the site doesn't work. You know how you click on that button that says, "Add to Cart?" Well, I clicked on it about three times, and it just kept coming back to the same page. It doesn't go to the next page, where you actually pay for it, and enter your address.

Just as an FYI, I just went to their WWW site and tried this exactly as you did. And you are right that after you click on "Add to Cart?" it comes back to the same page.

Up at the top of that page you'll note that there is a tiny little cart though. Initally it said "0 items in cart". Once I clicked on an ""Add to cart" the screen updated and it showed "1 item in cart" up at the top and a box pops up on the right-hand side of the screen with a "Cart Preview" with a "Checkout >" button in it.

The ability is there, it's just clumsy. I do understand your frustration though. Every site has their own cart and checkout process and I hate having to remember the steps for each one.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 02:59 pm
Calling Dante's Inferno
by Kevin Underhill

Midway in the journey of our life I came to myself in a dark wood, for the straight way was lost.

When I reached the foot of a hill, there where the valley ended I saw a phone booth, with a number scratched inside.

666-555-1212

Hello. Thank you for calling the Inferno. We are sorry you have died without achieving a state of grace. All representatives are currently assisting other customers, but your call is very important to us. If you believe you have reached this recording in error, and would like to speak directly to God, press the pound key.

[he does]

I'm sorry, that voice mailbox is full.

To abandon all hope, press 1, now.

(presses 1)

Thank you. If you are an attorney, press 1, and a representative will be with you immediately. If you know the number of the Circle you are destined to reach, you may press the star key, followed by the number, at any time. If you would like to leave a message for Hitler, press 0, now. Otherwise, please wait.

AC/DC's Highway to Hell plays while holding.

Hello. You have reached the Inferno's main phone menu. Please listen carefully, as the selections have changed. Your cooperation will allow us to assign you to the Circle that is appropriate for you. Please be candid, as your answers will be compared to your permanent record.

To continue, please press 1, now.

[presses 1]

Thank you. Please wait.

(AC/DC's Hells Bells plays.)

Thank you. You've reached the first circle of hell, Limbo for virtuous pagans. Frankly, the worst punishment here is the long line at Starbucks, so don't panic. But if you happen to be an ancient Greek philosopher, or a Unitarian, press 1. Otherwise, press 2 to continue.

(presses 2)

The second Circle of Hell is for the Lustful. If you coveted your neighbor's spouse, press 1. If you coveted a co-worker, press 2. If you sat through all three hours of Eyes Wide Shut, press 3. If you collected boudoir photos of Bill Clinton press 4. Otherwise, press 5.

(presses 5)

The third Circle of Hell is for the Gluttonous. If you died choking on some kind of pastry, press 1. If you were large enough to be seen from orbit, press 2. If your liposuction needs caused power shortages in California, press 3. Otherwise, press 4.

(presses 4)

The fourth Circle of Hell formerly housed the Avaricious and Prodigal, but is now reserved for people who talk on cell phones while driving. If you were doing this just before you died, press 1. Otherwise, press 2.

(presses 2)

The fifth Circle of Hell is for the Wrathful and Sullen. If you are still mad about the cell phone thing, press 1. If you are still mad about anything that happened during the Clinton Administration, press 2. If you are just plain mad, press 3. Otherwise, press 4.

(presses 4)

The sixth Circle of Hell is reserved for Heretics. If you started your own religion, press 1. If it required nudity, press 2. Otherwise press 3.

(presses 3)

The seventh circle of hell is for the violent. If you were a tyrant or murderer, press [*bang*] -- please press [*bang*] -- please do not strike the [*bang*] -- your response has been recorded. Press 5 to continue.

(presses 5)

The eighth Circle of Hell is for the Fraudulent. If you pandered, seduced, or flattered, press 1. If you were a thief or fraudulent counselor, press 2. If you ever hosted an infomercial, press 3, but if you feigned an Australian accent while doing so, press 4. If you were a psychic friend, psychic healer, pet psychic, or the CEO of an Internet company, press 5. If you routinely falsified anything else including but not limited to money, grand jury testimony, or boudoir photos of Bill Clinton, press 6. Otherwise, press 7.

(presses 7)

Finally, the ninth Circle of Hell formerly housed the Treacherous, but is now being reserved for creators and stars of reality television shows. If this describes you, press 1, and Lucifer will be with you as soon as he is finished with Judas. Otherwise, press 2.

(presses 2)

Thank you for your cooperation. However, I was just wasting your time. One of our representatives is standing right behind you. Press 1 to abandon all hope again, and thank you for calling the Inferno.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 03:44 pm
Quote:
Up at the top of that page you'll note that there is a tiny little cart though. Initally it said "0 items in cart". Once I clicked on an ""Add to cart" the screen updated and it showed "1 item in cart" up at the top and a box pops up on the right-hand side of the screen with a "Cart Preview" with a "Checkout >" button in it.

Thanks, fishin, but I just checked the site again, and I still don't see any little cart at the top of the page.

Here's the site I went to: www.panasonic.com/batterystore

That's the site they had on the battery. You have to go down to the bottom of the page, and you'll see "Batteries," then right under that, "cordless phone." Then you click on View Accessories.

Then a list of batteries comes up -- so I clicked on the Add to Cart button, right under the battery I wanted -- but it just keeps going back to the same damn page. No little cart at the top of the page, no nothing!

Chai, thanks for that post. I swear that is what Hell would be like. One long automated phone message:

"To review your sins, press 1. To ask for mercy, press 2. To speak directly to a satanic representative, press 3. For all other calls, please hold.....for all eternity......"
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 04:15 pm
Hmmm... when I click on your link it redirects me to http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/shop/supplies-accessories

when that page opens I get this:
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s210/Meadowbrook_photos/Panasonic.jpg

The red circles are the cart and cart previews. Weird stuff...
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 04:22 pm
Oh yeah, I see it now, fishin! It's way over on the side of the page. If you didn't hit the right arrow at the bottom of the page and scroll over, you'd never see it!

Quote:
Weird stuff...

Agreeden!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Customer Service?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 09:51:33