Music that represents a French Bistro

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 02:20 pm
My son's class is putting together a french bistro for the rest of the school to help expose other students to french. We wanted to get some music to play in the back ground for atmosphere. I have some Edith Piaf recordings like La vie en rose and Je ne regrette rien but would like some other music to play that might be just instrumental. Can anyone help?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,433 • Replies: 3
No top replies

McTag

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 03:29 pm
French accordion music would set the scene well. Maybe even better than Edith Piaf.
How you get some, I couldn't say.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 05:14 pm
The Poor People Of Paris is an insturmental done by a bunch of people, not sure if you're going for authentic or faux French.

April in Paris - Thelonius Monk

En Douce - Baguette Quartette (off a putamayo sample is probably near perfect)

Entire albums:
Putumayo Presents: Paris (which is modern but very chill and authentically french)
Ultra-Lounge, Vol. 10: A Bachelor in Paris (very faux but some useful tracks like 'Under Paris Skies')

I guess you could chase up some Charles Aznavour, Yves Montand, Gilbert Becaud, Sacha Distel?
0 Replies

jennym

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 03:13 am
There are tons of "French Cafe" compilations that you can get on the cheap at most record stores. Also, try typing those keywords into the iTunes store (or whatever internet music store you use). ALSO, there are some pretty good soundtracks with a bunch of this stuff on them (e.g. The Triplettes of Belleville, Something's Gotta Give, Chocolat, Amelie, maybe French Kiss?)

Bonne chance!
0 Replies