Sunday, Sunday!

margo

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 07:56 pm
Misti

Why are you bathing Paddy? Does he have some sort of skin condition?

I have never bathed Possum. Mind you - I wouldn't have any skin left if I even considered it, let alone tried to introduce him to water. Shocked
Cat's don't need to be bathed, do they? I've had cats all my life, and haven't washed a one. They've all been perfectly able to clean themselves. The closest I've ever been is to wrap Possum in a wet towel, when he had the allergic reaction - and he was too frightened to kill me then (but he remembered Confused )
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 07:58 pm
margo - I agree with you. The cat would have to be in dire need before I tried to put him in water. Though, he really does like to go near water.....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 08:30 pm
This Sunday I did plumbing to my bathtub and stacked some of my lumber preparatory to adding a room on the front of my home this upcoming vacation week. I don't expect to finish it all before returning to work, but should go a long way.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 09:22 pm
Sorry.....but, I have to disagree again.

Cats are very reliable as far as hygiene goes. But, they need baths, too.

Fortunately, because of the flea medication, Paddy only gets bathed once a month now. And after thirty days or so of pouncing on plants, sleeping in dirt and generally 'being a cat', he needs a bath.

He doesn't like it ~ he tolerates it. And when he's finally dry, he is more lovable because he appears to be happier for being clean.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 09:51 pm
Some people do bathe cats, some people don't! It's a matter of personal preference.

...And, I feel good when Paddy is clean and fluffy and happy.
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 10:16 pm
hi misti and rae,
glad paddy has found a great home. no better place on earth.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 10:48 pm
Read the newpaper over coffee, took a morning nap. Messed around here and finally went out and bought some Dove milk chocolate pieces to ease me through the evening.

I didn't think you were supposed to bath cats?
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 10:58 pm
thank you all for the welcome
didn't expect it...
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 03:36 am
G'day Mikey!

I just mentioned the bathing business to Possum. His lip curled up and he started sharpening his claws. Guess I'll forget all about it!

I've never kmown cats to be bathed regularly - but Paddy sure is a cutie!
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 05:11 am
No Turkey!
No turkey for me. Only good old fried chicken!
Drunk
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 05:27 am
I've never heard of a human style bathing of a cat, with water yet. A good brushing once in a while, and these are inside=outside cats, and mostly outside. And they are clean and do good grooming. This is all new to me, Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 05:34 am
Sunday!
I have a dog, that I take to the groomers once/month. If I tried to bath him, he'd chew my arm off!

Mr. Green
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 06:39 am
I had cats most of my life as well and only attempted to bath one once because a friend if mine bathed hers, so I thought I'd try it. Notice how I said I attempted to bath him. He scratched the hell out of me. He didn't do it on purpose, he was just trying to get out of the water. Needless to say, it was the last time I did that. Most of my cats were indoor cats and didn't need it, but I've had a few cats that were outdoor cats and they do get pretty dirty sometimes because they just love rolling around in the dirt. Unfortunately it's been a long time since I've been able to have a cat because my son is alergic to them. I really love them though http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/fk/hello.gif
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 06:40 am
Hey there Mikey :-D

A big welcome to you. Great new site, don't you think?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 07:32 am
O.K. Am I allowed to complain here? We had a lovely couple come to our house yesterday. These are people we see maybe, once a year. They came at 2:30. I had prepared a light supper, and figured that they would leave by 7-7:30. By 8:30-9 pm, I was getting bleary eyed. My husband, who is a night person, was just revving up. They finally left after 10 PM.

Now I like people, and I really like THOSE prople, but don't you think that nearly eight hours of being totally charming is a bit much! Shocked
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 07:39 am
Pool Parties
That's one reason, people like to have pool parties. You can entertain for 8 hours easily, if everyone's outside running around and eating outside.
:wink:
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 08:11 am
May I recommend lashings of hard booze on such occasions Phoenix?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 08:17 am
hebba- I think that was the problem. No liquor! Very Happy

New Haven- That would be kinda difficult. I don't HAVE a pool! Sad
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 08:24 am
I hear ya Phoenix. Where we live people just stop by without even calling first and stay the whole day. I love people as well, but when you have already taken something out for dinner to feed just your family and all of a sudden you're scrambling to feed another group of people, it can get pretty frustrating. When I go visit people I always call first and I'm out the door at least an hour before dinner. My relatives usually come in a flock of 3 or more and it does get annoying when we don't get any warning that they are coming and end up working all day to feed a gang we weren't expecting. I know the dinner thing wasn't your problem, but I figured I'd bring it up since it falls in the same lines of some people over extending their visits and it gave me a chance to vent as well, lol.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 08:27 pm
Back to bathing cats.....Groomers are still in business, aren't they? I used to work in a pet store and saw lots of cats coming in to be bathed..... Rolling Eyes

I guess I'm having a hard time understanding why this is such a novelty ~ 'bathing your cat'. Most humans I know bath every day ~ whether they're dirty or not.

Cats are famous for their hygiene, but they do get dirty. Would you want a dirty person sleeping in your bed with you? Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Sunday, Sunday!
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/08/2024 at 10:26:01