Sunday, Sunday!

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 09:08 am
What are your favorite Sunday activities?

My favorite activity on Sunday is to read the New York Times and to see the New England Patriots play football on TV, when they do.

Drunk
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,596 • Replies: 57
No top replies

JerryR

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 09:13 am
I got up early, stuffed a turkey, and started it a roastin'!!

Now I'm watching old movies, (Mighty Joe Young), since it's raining sideways and I am putting off walking the pups!!
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 12:16 pm
On Sunday's I try to pull myself away from work, which is a very hard thing to do since I'm always trying to stay ahead of the game, but today I promised myself I wouldn't work. I was up early this morning and since there was a snow storm coming in fast I rushed to the store to grab a few things incase we get trapped at home for a few days. Not long after I got home the snow started. It's windy and snowing like crazy right now and I hear we are suppose to get about a foot. I decided to spend the day drinking hot cocoa and playing on my computer all day :-D Usually on Sundays if I can pull myself away from my work, I like to do crafts like knitting, painting ceramics, etc...
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 12:18 pm
So Jerry. What time is dinner? I'll bring the wine Drunk
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 12:59 pm
Sunday is cat-bathing day. I'm gonna make Mom help me this time though.

Set a place for me, too, Jerry!
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 01:13 pm
Hi-ya Rae
Long time no see. Done the cat bathing thing when I had cats and I feel your pain. See you at Jerry's for dinner. I can almost smell that turkey from here, yummy http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/ups/DeNiro/flower.gif
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 01:18 pm
Forgive me gezzy for not saying hello before now!

Hiya!

A turkey dinner would hit the spot today ~ it's finally cool enough to wear a sweatshirt!! Happy Florida gal! Smile
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 01:19 pm
You're all welcome,..PLENTY here,..sis and the kid's just cancelled,..long ride, bad weather.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 01:31 pm
No problem at all Rae. I knew I'd run across you eventually :-D Sounds nice over there in Florida. It's a far cry from the weather we're getting here up north in Canada.

Jerry
That turkey sounds so good and it such a shame that you don't have anyone to share it with :-(
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 01:31 pm
On Sunday, I generally prefer to play tennis in the morning, and then go for the loooong lunch! (followed, if necessary, by a nap!)

This Sunday was, however, spent doing the tourist guide thing for the visiting Swedish backpacker. We hit the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney. We've seen kangaroos, mountains, hills, escarpments, remains of bushfires, valleys, tourists, a milliion cutesy craft stores, cutesy coffee shoppes, and other yech stuff. But no rain! It's drier than a dingo's donger out there!

And now it's Monday! Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 01:35 pm
Oh Margo, cheer up. The weekend will be rollong around again before you know it :-D
0 Replies

ul

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 01:59 pm
Sunday is family day.
Long breakfast, talking and reading the newspaper.
While the family takes off for some sport activities I enjoy the quiet house and cooking dinner.
Now Sunday is nearly over.
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 02:20 pm
Hmm,Sunday is a studio day like every other but it´s good to grab an exhibition in the early afternoon with my sweetheart.If I´m REALLY lucky there may be a film worth watching around 9pm but I´m very rarely lucky.
A pizza in the evening from our local Italians and a couple of Carlsbergs usually hits the spot.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 02:23 pm
Sunday involves chores unless Setanta is visiting. Since it's been snowing for 24 hours here, I decided to take it easy. Since i made that decision, the dogs decided to wake me at 5:30 a.m. Oy!

I've been relaxing, playing on the puter, uploading photos to a website, taking the dogs out for a happy meander and snow romp around the neighbourhood, thinking about whether I'd rather make soup or order thai take-away for tonight. It's been quite pleasant. A lot of snow. I'm glad that I switched jobs this summer and won't have to drive to work in this mess tomorrow.

Thinking about Advent and Christmas - will i be at a stage in the renos to hide stuff and have people over?
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 02:33 pm
"Drier 'n a dingo's donger"
Hot dang! where's me flippin' notebook?

Watchin' my leaves all blowin' into the neighbor's yard.
Most fun I've had in a month of Sunday's.
Things 'round here ain't always this excitin'.
[/b]

Razz
0 Replies

ul

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 02:33 pm
Snow- you are soooo lucky, it wasn't so much fun today baking the Stollen, too warm and sunny outside. Felt more like Easter Pinze. Sad
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 06:09 pm
Sundays usually sleep late due to staying up late, and clear up everything I didnt do all week which could be just about anything. Today it was groceries, clean up from Chicken Soup Gallore last night, kitty cleaning and affection time, try to clear the desk, and catch up with emails and such. I still have ironing to do, maybe.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 06:30 pm
Well, today I wrote the 1700 word story appearing in the Christms thread, caught up on some Email correspondance, watched a little television, read a couple of chapters in the several books I'm currently involved in, worked briefly on a couple small Christmas presents for relatives, and did some touch-up work on the three paintings now in production. Two cups of coffee, a bowl of chili and that's about it. Slow day.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 06:40 pm
My favorite Sunday chores: Tend the plants, computer maintenance, make soda bread, and since all the good movies are on on weekends, I watch all my favs, or rather the TV is on in the background while I play computer.

Today was my first time to see Rae bathe our kitty, Paddy Cassidy! He was such a trooper, but he hates to be wet. I guess all cats do.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 07:53 pm
Football Football and more Football!!!

Drunk
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Sunday, Sunday!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 07:10:11