Downloading Problem

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 05:09 pm
I was having a problem with my Quicktime. The program was probably corrupted, so I decided to uninstall, and then reinstall the program.

I have a Zone alarm (regular, not pro) firewall
Norton Anti-Virus

Whenever I am on a program that uses scripted windows, a bar comes up on the top of my page asking me if I trust the site. When I was on the Quicktime website, the bar flashed on and off so fast, that I was not able to give the site permission, and I could not download the program.

I thought that it might have something to do with my firewall, so I turned it off. My antivirus then gave me a message that my firewall was disabled.
I tired downloading many times, to no avail. Anybody have any ideas as to how I can solve this problem?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,024 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 05:49 pm
Are you using Internet Explorer?

If so, are you sure the message bar at the top was about a script and not the pop-up blocker?

If you are using IE and if it was the pop-up blocker, you can turn off the pop-up blocker by clicking on the TOOLS pull-down menu at the upper right corner of the IE toolbar.

If you are using IE and if it was the script blocker, you can temporarily allow scripts by clicking on that same TOOLS pull-down menu and then click on the Internet Options selection to change the script setting.

Click the Advanced tab, and then, in the Settings list, scroll down to the Security section.

Select the Allow active content to run in files on My Computer check box, and then click OK.

Which ever one you do, be sure to reverse it when the download is complete to resecure your PC.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 05:27 am
Butrflynet- I owe you. Thanks. It WAS the pop-up blocker. It had never happened before, so for the life of me, I could not figure out what was happening.

BTW, what started this whole thing was my desire to see this:

http://www.panoramas.dk/7-wonders/
0 Replies