Splendiferous Posts

blatham

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2008 12:48 pm
There really ought to be a repository for posts here that particularly bright and funny.

Here's one from Joefromchicago

Quote:
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:05 am Post: 3082649 -
Jim Sleeper wrote:
Quote:
Unlike some of his supporters, Obama took his Columbia College core humanities curriculum seriously enough to go down and out in Chicago after Harvard Law School and to wrest a fine book from out of his entrails.

He wrested a book out of his entrails??? Ewwwww! That must have been painful. And difficult. And messy. And yet weirdly fascinating.

Seriously, this has to be one of the single most stupid sentences written in the English language in the last decade (and I'm including everything written by Karen Hughes). I wonder what Mr. Sleeper might wrest from his entrails, but I suspect it would only be his own head
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 762 • Replies: 9
No top replies

contrex

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2008 01:45 pm
Personally, I think any sentence containing the "word" Ewwwww! is pretty damn stupid, so I guess it all just about balances.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2008 01:57 pm
Good thread idea.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 09:00 am
Thanks, blatham, I'm honored.

contrex wrote:
Personally, I think any sentence containing the "word" Ewwwww! is pretty damn stupid, so I guess it all just about balances.

Blech!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 09:04 am
Double blech.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 10:00 am
Yoong Liat wrote:
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Now go ahead and ask someone else their opinion; you always do, and, it hurts me deeply.

I trust you when you're sober. Sometimes I wonder whether you are drinking or have drunk when you answer my question.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 10:24 am
BBB
This one lately from Blatham ain't bad. Imagine purple noses instead of brown noses. WHAMO!

"I suggest, as an iconic image for use in reminding conservatives to remain steadfast in their principles, that they arrive at polling booths with purple noses."
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 11:02 am
contrex wrote:

But you're a pretentious and not always accurate grammar snob, so I guess it does just about balance.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 11:18 am
>snort
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 11:28 am
shewolf
shewolfnm wrote:
>snort

http://www.stearns.org/icons/snort1sm.jpg
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Splendiferous Posts
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 01:21:07