Did he/she really just say that?

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 09:19 pm
I know we all have our moments but...

Have you ever heard someone say something so utterly stupid or unbelievable that you wanted to walk over and ask "Did you really just say what I think you said?"

I was at the Houston Zoo last summer taking some reference shots of the lions when a man and his little girl wandered up next to me. The girl was excited and was firing off questions at dad. Most of them he answered or said he didn't know, but as they were leaving I heard him say...

"Do you know what they call female lions? They're called tigers!"

I had to bite my tongue...hard!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,963 • Replies: 25
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 09:24 pm
I saw a guy pull a sandwich out of a dumpster at a convenience store, open it, and begin to eat it. His friend (they were both obviously drunk) said, "You're actually going to eat that?"

The guy looked up and said through a mouthful, "There can't be nothing wrong. These sandwiches are erratically sealed."
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2008 01:06 am
kid asked his dad why they built the great wall of china.

Dad replies after a moment or two of thought that it was in the time of emporer Nasi Goering and it it was too keep the rabbits out.
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2008 10:40 am
wow...there is a man who needs to practice the phrase..."I don't know..."
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2008 11:11 am
dadpad wrote:

Dad replies after a moment or two of thought that it was in the time of emporer Nasi Goering and it it was too keep the rabbits out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvlWQyvEI38
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2008 05:26 pm
DrewDad wrote:
dadpad wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvlWQyvEI38

Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2008 05:50 pm
The actress Sigourney Weaver said that she once had a moment when she had trouble believing what she herself said. Before filming a scene the director told her to read the next series of lines while walking down a hallway. She asked, "You want me to walk and talk at the same time?"
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2008 06:09 pm
Today at the supermarket, there were two total dudes wandering around. I knew this because on of them was wearing a santa claus hat.

In the dry good aisle, Santa was staring at the bags of dried beans, and said "man....they don't have the kind of beans I like."

Friend: What kind is that?

"The kind in a can"
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 08:32 am
Chai wrote:
Today at the supermarket, there were two total dudes wandering around. I knew this because on of them was wearing a santa claus hat.

In the dry good aisle, Santa was staring at the bags of dried beans, and said "man....they don't have the kind of beans I like."

Friend: What kind is that?

"The kind in a can"

...and then Chai's head exploded.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 01:26 pm
Was at a dinner party one of my sister's gave. Conversation was on authors. My sister went into the kitchen and when she came out one guy was discussing Shaw. She leans over and whispers in my ear "Are they talking about the Shah of Iran?"
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 06:53 pm
My parents and I were outside talking to some neighbors on one of those rare perfect evenings when my brother came out to go somewhere in his car. For some reason his tire had gone flat and he and my dad were looking it over.

Dad says- "Well son we'll just have to get a new tire for you tomorrow and fix it then."

my brother- "Can't we just use your compressor and fill the inner tube back up?"
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 07:02 pm
I went to see Monty Python and the Holy Grail at the flicks with some school mates deep in the last century.

The usual MP insanity was on the screen when a women behind us said, in a loud, annoyed, strine twang "That's bullsh*t, that wouldn't happen."

I still wonder if she thought it was meant to be a documentary.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 09:04 pm
Re: Did he/she really just say that?
Aldistar wrote:
Have you ever heard someone say something so utterly stupid or unbelievable that you wanted to walk over and ask "Did you really just say what I think you said?"
Yes, myself. I was standing by a VIP (mistake #1) and it was raining which was holding up an event. I turned to him and meant to say.....you must get bored while waiting. For some reason, what I said was......you are boring me while waiting. I couldn't believe I said that. People in the area looked at me and did ask if they had heard right.
The VIP turned to me and said he must admit, not many people in his life have told him he was boring them. He gave me a hug and chuckled, so at least he had a good sense of humor.
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 06:52 pm
Oh wow, TTH! I know I have had those moments...I will have to try and remember some. If I can dredge them out from where I have blocked them out I will be sure to post some.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 07:19 pm
Mame wrote:
Was at a dinner party one of my sister's gave. Conversation was on authors. My sister went into the kitchen and when she came out one guy was discussing Shaw. She leans over and whispers in my ear "Are they talking about the Shah of Iran?"

at least she knows iran has a shah :X
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 07:20 pm
Aldistar wrote:
My parents and I were outside talking to some neighbors on one of those rare perfect evenings when my brother came out to go somewhere in his car. For some reason his tire had gone flat and he and my dad were looking it over.

Dad says- "Well son we'll just have to get a new tire for you tomorrow and fix it then."

my brother- "Can't we just use your compressor and fill the inner tube back up?"

hahahahahahaha im sorry thats hilariousness
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 01:26 pm
OGIONIK wrote:
hahahahahahaha im sorry thats hilariousness

No need to be sorry! My dad looked crushed, my mom and I laughed our butts off. I still laugh when I think about it.
0 Replies

Jorgi

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 01:05 pm

One teacher asked one of the students: Give me an example of an animal from reptiles.
The student answered: my small sister! http://www.fulah.net/vb/images/smilies/gif088.gif

Do you understand it?!http://www.fulah.net/vb/images/smilies/006.gif
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 01:12 pm
I was at a concert one time and a friend of mine and his wife were sitting behind me. I had not seen them in a while and I knew she had been pregnant. I asked her when the baby was due - as soon as I said it I was sorry - because I know how stupid it was - of course her reply was "I had it two weeks ago." I am an idiot.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 07:56 pm
Jorgi wrote:

One teacher asked one of the students: Give me an example of an animal from reptiles.
The student answered: my small sister! http://www.fulah.net/vb/images/smilies/gif088.gif

Do you understand it?!http://www.fulah.net/vb/images/smilies/006.gif

That is very funny jorgi. Not very nice to the sister though.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Did he/she really just say that?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 04:50:15