I don't believe it

Chai

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 02:53 pm
I FINALLY stumbled across some music that I can actually listen to for more than 10 minutes....

[URL=http://]Click on....TUNE IN[/URL]

I've actually had this streaming for hours now.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,583 • Replies: 28
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 02:59 pm
The sound of silence is all there is now, Chai... Confused

Link is down
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 03:00 pm
oh -- thank you, I thought it was just me.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 03:01 pm
What was it Chai?

Confused
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 03:01 pm
It's kinda like one of those fancy white noise machines, maybe....
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 03:02 pm
It was plenty white alright.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 03:05 pm
The link was incompletely posted. Hard to tell if the provider's site is also down.

This is what was pasted in Chai's post for the link. It needs the info after the equal sign filled in. Can't do it for her since no other identifying descrption was given.

http://www.able2know.org/go/?a2kjump=http://
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 03:32 pm
Let's try this again...

streaming not screaming
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 03:34 pm
Yeah, that works.....you might have to wait a minute for it to crank up...

once on the site, click Tune In.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 03:50 pm
I hate chanting. I have considered permanently muting children for such digressions.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 03:53 pm
Wow, now I like it even more knowing a knuckle dragging, mouth breathing troglodyte hates it.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 04:06 pm
Got as far as the Tune In button but then nada... maybe it knows I'm not Cat'lick! Shocked
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 04:38 pm
Chai wrote:
Wow, now I like it even more knowing a knuckle dragging, mouth breathing troglodyte hates it.

Yeah, Dys has shitty taste in music.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 04:44 pm
Chai can you give a bit more detailed description of the music? I'm on a dial-up connection and would like to learn more about it before attempting to get it to stream.

Um, nevermind. I just clicked the website long enough to read "Gregorian Chant" on the page header.

Thanks. I'll give it a try...

Edited again...

Hmmm...nah, sounds too much like the mass in the Catholic Church I had to attend as a kid.

I like the voices and sound effects though. It is too bad it has such a negative religious connotation for me.

I do enjoy some other chants though, especially Native American and Buddhist chants.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 05:47 pm
funny B-net...I was raised cat lick, but I don't have any negative connotation at all about it.

Probably because (a) we didn't chant like that in church
(b) they didn't do the mass in latin by the time I was around
(c) I always enjoyed latin class in high school

I'm thinking I'm liking it because
(a) so far it's been all men, and their deep voices are soothing....I f*cking hate that screechy **** like Celine Dion where she has to up up and down the scale a dozn time in a single breath....find a spot and light for christs sake! Plus all that high pitched shreeking (shudder)

(b) no instruments. no G-damn electric guitar riffs or drums changing beat every 2 seconds or sax's, which...sound like screechy Celine Dion.

(c) the slow transitions are soothing....I can honestly say this is the first time in my life that I actually forgot the music was playing, although I could obviously hear it.

Unrelated, but whenever I see ruby red and royal blue glass together I think of the cat lick church also....you know, the candles you would light?

I find that very very peaceful and centering also.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 05:52 pm
Yes, I know the candles well...

I have a similar reaction to stained glass windows. No matter the theme, they remind me of the church we attended. I used to love sitting in the spot where the sun's rays would shine through the window.

Agree with your assessment of some of the contrived singing ranges in a single refrain.

Sounds like you might be suffering a headache today.... are you?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 05:58 pm
Do you enjoy operatic tenors, Chai? I find them very soothing too, and without all the religious baggage.

There are certain high notes that the female voice hits that make me cringe and need to plug my ears every time they are sung, no matter who is singing them. It is a note that has the same reaction in my ears as I imagine a dog whistle has on dogs.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 05:59 pm
It reminds me of getting hit in church from always falling asleep and always having to Kneel, sit, stand.

"let us pray, Let us stand, let us sit, let us knell"

for hours, I couldn't understand it.

Man that drove me crazy!!!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 08:00 pm
No headache...just not a big music fan.

Amigo....remember Stations of the Cross?

Stand, kneel, stand kneel, stand, kneel.

Then the priest would do benediction and wave that big incense pot all over.

The little kids, first graders had to be up front. They were most suseptible to the fumes....Lori Dwyer actually fainted once!....cool.

A few years ago I bought a myrrh (sp) candle. I lit it and said "Holy ****! Stations of the Cross!"
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 10:52 pm
I have a few chanting cd's...sometimes it just fits the moment. There are a few pop songs that have used chanting samples...I tend to like them as well.

This one has some Taiwanese chanting in it, was a huge hit, so you might have heard it.

Enigma - Return to Innocence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JpJjsHgYHA

Then there is another that I like even better...but at the moment I can't recall the title.
0 Replies