What to give my Daughter for her 18th birthday?

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 02:04 pm
If art school is her interest, you could consider giving her a large gift certificate at a quality art supply store, something like Aaron Brothers Art Supply and Framing (a national chain so should be available where ever her school/career takes her) or Dick Blick (which has stores, catalog and online ordering).
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 03:01 pm
Quote:
...she has artistic talent. ..

just repeating butrflynet - something to really help her explore her artistic talents - she might appreciate a vacation at a paris art school Laughing -but dad might be floored by the price Shocked - but just think how much she might really appreciate it .

getting a little serious : perhaps she might want to attend an art appreciation course right in the good , old USA - many universities and colleges operate summer school at reasonable cost .
check with local university/college/arts council .
and you all have yourselves a good time !
hbg

MODERN ART - the chairs might be a bit expensive !

http://www.wmin.ac.uk/mad/images/Chairs%202.JPG
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 03:18 pm
9mm pearl earrings might be appropriate.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 06:03 pm
I'll chime in and agree with the jewelry idea. This is something she will have for the rest of her life to look back on and remember her 18th birthday. Do you know if she prefers white gold or yellow gold? That's important.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 08:49 am
Intrepid wrote:
9mm pearl earrings might be appropriate.

If we're going there I'd prefer 10mm.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 09:54 am
http://nwn.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/a_gentlewomans_revenge_1.jpg

Thank you, Daddy! I love you!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 01:32 pm
Liking the pearl earrings concept.

Along the artistic endeavor lines... what does she do in her spare time that utilizes her talents?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 03:49 pm
Spare time? She's 17... there is no "spare time". You are either in school, driving, hanging with friends, text messenging, eating, or sleeping.

Mostly the latter.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 06:43 pm
Yep! Go with the earrings. Girls are attracted to shiny objects.
0 Replies

Immortal Logic

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 08:00 pm
Re: What to give my Daughter for her 18th birthday?
cjhsa wrote:
Other than an eviction notice? Laughing

Suggestions please!!!

Get her married.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 09:16 pm
Got to Tiffany and buy her a nice silver bracelet or necklace.
Almost all older teenagers like the silver jewelry from Tiffany.

http://www.tiffany.com/shared/media/products/21638676_M_OVER_1.jpg
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 09:39 pm
painting or statue or other art by her favorite local artist...
or those pearl earrings (though i never liked pearls myself)... ultimately something that'll stay with her for life.
might want to write her a letter with that. that might be far more valuable than anything you can buy, especially as time goes by.
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 12:10 am
From the mother of a post-teenage daughter, Calamity Jane's idea of sterling silver from Tiffany's is a great idea, preferably a necklace. Sterling is definitely the way to go. The kids don't appreciate gold, for some reason. I looked on their website and they have some lovely items.

Tiffany's Sterling Silver Necklaces
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 12:16 am
And there's a Coach bag. My daughter started collecting them at around that age. Her first one still looks as good as new, despite lots of use.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 09:38 am
The Coach bag is a nice idea. I got her the silver heart necklace from Tiffany a couple years ago at Christmastime.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 05:24:01