I Feel Old.....

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 01:34 pm
.....because I used to go out dancing every weekend. I mean really dancing, like when you have to tie your hair up cos it's getting all sweaty.

Can't remember the last time I danced like that.

Sad

I don't "get" a lot of the music on the popular radio stations.

My comfy shoes are outnumbering my heels.

I get annoyed when I hear people on the street outside my house.

I can't hear anything people say the first time.

How long before I start smelling of wee?

What made you realise you were getting old?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,111 • Replies: 22
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 01:36 pm
You're still looking good, Dorothy.

You have that.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 01:36 pm
I first started feeling old when people planted corn seeds in the furrows on my brow.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 01:38 pm
aw thanks Gus

did they germinate?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 01:47 pm
The stalks are protruding, yes. Thanks for asking.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 02:25 pm
I don't like hearing people in the street outside my house either.

I'm thinking of getting a gun.

But I AM very old.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 02:35 pm
I feel young in an old way

Enlivened and yet resigned

Quick to laugh and yet saddened
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 02:45 pm
beautifully put, Chumly.

Smile
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 03:05 pm
You're most kind, it came to me while watching Logan's Run.

Quote:
In the 23rd century, the survivors of a holocaust now lives within a domed city that is sealed off from the outside world. In the domed city, men and women live in a society where you can only live until you are 30-years old (due to population control and limited resources), the people have two choices: They can either take part in a extermination ceremony called "Carousel" where they are promised of being reborn or they can go on the run and escape to outside the domed city. Logan 5 is a Sandman, a elite policeman whose job is terminate all "Runners" who refuse to be exterminated on Carousel and escape to outside the city.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074812/plotsummary
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 03:10 pm
I'm not sure how I feel... I've been waiting to finally turn twenty one fot about 40 years now.....and I don't smell like wee... well... there was that one night but she was really hot and got me drunk...I would say I realized i was getting old when I stopped giving a ****.... but then I never have.

I guess when Mr. Happy won't stand at attention without medication I'll feel my life is over, but then again if you can't cut the mustard you can always lick the jar....
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 03:13 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
.....I realized i was getting old when I stopped giving a ****....
Poor bowel motility is a sign of aging!
0 Replies

plantress

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 05:45 pm
Hmmm I feel old when I have problems with simple word retrevial
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 06:37 pm
I feel old when it takes three or four steps to get the old bod moving in a normal fashion!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 06:45 pm
I don't feel old, but I have a number of friends who do. Most of them are old Air Force buddies, they are the same age as I am, sixty, but they insist on sending me these perverse "woe is me, I is gettin' on" emails.
The messages are all about aches and pains and poor eyesight and getting up in the night four times and I say to myself, Christ, what is the matter with these guys?

You're going to live another twenty-five frigging years unless you talk yourself out of it (or step in front of a bus.)

Joe(Guys, snap out of it!)Nation
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 07:09 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
I don't feel old, but I have a number of friends who do. Most of them are old Air Force buddies, they are the same age as I am, sixty, but they insist on sending me these perverse "woe is me, I is gettin' on" emails.
The messages are all about aches and pains and poor eyesight and getting up in the night four times and I say to myself, Christ, what is the matter with these guys?

You're going to live another twenty-five frigging years unless you talk yourself out of it (or step in front of a bus.)

Joe(Guys, snap out of it!)Nation

well put.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 07:25 pm
very.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 05:50 am
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 06:41 am
There is a lady in my town, who just celebrated her 100th birthday. Two years ago, she lived in a facility up north, and used a walker. Then her daughter, who had been recently widowed, wanted her mother to come live with her. She told her mother though, that she would be unable to lift her, and that the mother would have to regain some more strength in order for the daughter to be able to care for her.

The younger woman is an athletic person, with a body that belies her years. She started her mom on an exercise regimen, at a wonderful fitness center that is part of our community. They spend two hours a day at the gym. The mother walks on the treadmill (at 2 miles per hour, but that isn't bad for a 100 year old woman). She walks on her own now.

She pulls 55 pounds. I saw this myself. Here was this tiny lady, with wrinkled skin, whose biceps popped every time that she lifted the machine.

OK, so obviously she has good genes. But according to her daughter, the difference in her mom physically in the last two years is nothing short of amazing!

Link to article
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 07:43 am
Our bodies, just like our minds and our -ego- needs to feel useful and necessary or it will begin to fade
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 08:19 am
shewolfnm wrote:
Our bodies, just like our minds and our -ego- needs to feel useful and necessary or it will begin to fade

Yes, I've been worried about my penis just lately.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I Feel Old.....
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 07:30:21