Great/Lame pick up attempt?

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 05:18 pm
I was wondering is this was a good pick up attempt or not. One of my buddy's not too long ago said it worked but I am somewhat skeptical. It goes something like this....

*walks up to girl*
"Hey hows it going? I usually don't do this but you look like a nice girl, definitely good looking and I wanted to know if I could take you out sometime? I'm looking for a strong relationship and I wanted to see if you would be interested in this sort of thing. You are? Great can I have your name and number? I'll give you a call soon.
*gets name and number*

He told me this worked on one occasion but did not mention any failures. Would this work at all? Ladies?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,294 • Replies: 24
No top replies

Chai

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 05:39 pm
Where to start? Rolling Eyes

Each sentence is more horrendous than the last.
0 Replies

Primotivo

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 06:05 pm
So? What words need to be improved? Please elaborate.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 07:04 pm
I wouldn't care if it was George Clooney, I would never give my personal information to a person who just walked up to me like that. I want to talk to someone for a real long time before deciding if they are worth a second chat. Even if I thought the guy was good looking and intelligent, I would get his information so I would be the one in control of making contact again.

Honestly Prim, it sounds more like a used car pitch than a pick up. It borders between childish and smarmy.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 07:09 pm
It might work.

If the girl is young, thinks all she has to offer is her looks, enjoys flattery over substance and has no sense of self worth regarding her safety.

Is that the kind of girl you want?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 07:10 pm
Primotivo wrote:
So? What words need to be improved? Please elaborate.

If you have to ask this sort of question, then you have an ice cube's chance in hell of picking up anything but a cold. Just out of curiosity, are you over 21? Do you date regularly? Sure hope you don't use this approach.

Childish and smarmy is correct.

How about just approaching someone and having a casual discussion and being straight-forward and forgetting about pick-up lines?!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 07:14 pm
How about you try something like:

"Hi. I was just getting ready to order a beer. May I buy you one?"

If she says yes, buy her a beer or whatever she is drinking. Tell her thank you and that you hope she enjoys it and walk away.

Much more intriguing.

Then watch what she does.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 10:50 pm
I have to agree with the others. In most cases, walking up to a woman "cold" and asking her out would probably result in something like this:

http://www.interet-general.info/IMG/titanic-2.jpg
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 11:29 pm
Laughing at straycat!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 07:25 am
Quote:
"Hey hows it going? I usually don't do this but you look like a nice girl, definitely good looking and I wanted to know if I could take you out sometime? I'm looking for a strong relationship and I wanted to see if you would be interested in this sort of thing. You are? Great can I have your name and number? I'll give you a call soon.

Hi! I'm looking for MEAT and you, you lucky girl, meet my standards.

Only the very young, unsophisticated and needy are going to be impressed with the information that they meet a stranger's standards.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 07:27 am
Thanks for the laugh Straycat.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 07:32 am
learn ventriloquism. Get a fine point sharpie and paint a smiley face on the head of your unit. Pull it out, approach women, and let it do the talking.

You might get lucky and if you insult someone you can blame it on your penis. I guarantee you she won't notice your lips moving.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 07:36 am
Re: Great/Lame pick up attempt?
Primotivo wrote:
I was wondering is this was a good pick up attempt or not. One of my buddy's not too long ago said it worked but I am somewhat skeptical. It goes something like this....

*walks up to girl*
*gets name and number*

He told me this worked on one occasion but did not mention any failures. Would this work at all? Ladies?

You have every thing pretty well figured out with the exception of one small detail. Change *gets name and number* to *gets kicked in balls*
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 08:16 am
That is pretty much word for word what I use to get phone numbers. PERFECT, don't change anything. Soon you'll have to be turning down pu$$y because the line's going to be too long to your bedroom.

I think it would be stronger if you had flowers and gave them to the stranger. And make sure to get the physical aspect moving as quick as possible, and smell her hair before she even has a chance to respond.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 08:32 am
What would be running through my mind....

"hey, how's it goin?"

Oh great, it's Buckly from King of the Hill "hey, how's it goin'...guess what? chicken butt"

"I don't ususally do this"

Yes you do.

"You seem like a nice girl"

And you know this how.....?

"definitely good looking and I wanted to know if I could take you out sometime?"

Well sure, that seems like a reasonable criteria for going out with you.

"I'm looking for a strong relationship and I wanted to see if you would be interested in this sort of thing."

This "sort" of thing? Well, yes, since you just walked up to be out of the blue, I can surmise you're looking for a strong relationship.

You do realize you're talking to a human being and not a posture of Farrah Fawcett on your bedroom wall, don't you?

Do you actually care what this person is like? Maybe that's why you and your "friend" are having problems, first you have to actually want to talk to her.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 08:40 am
Chai wrote:
Where to start? Rolling Eyes

Each sentence is more horrendous than the last.

Hilarious. Thanks Chai.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 08:44 am
squinney wrote:
"Hi. I was just getting ready to order a beer. May I buy you one?"

No thank you. But I'll take the 3 bucks.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 08:51 am
Too bad you don't understand subtleties, OP, because chai's post is loaded w/good info, and exactly what runs through a chick's mind when you start spewing that crap, or ask if you can buy her a beer, ect.

Broads love alpha males. Which is why I walk up without saying anything, punch her in the stomach, gulp her beer, then make out with her.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 08:54 am
I simply impale them on my pitchfork and carry them home. The ones that survive, I have sex with. The non-survivors... well, my friend Slappy Doo Hoo has certain tastes.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 09:12 am
What can I say...I don't like hearing the word "no."
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Great/Lame pick up attempt?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 07:02:40