If zombie movies turned out to be true...

Primotivo

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 01:47 pm
While I do like 28 days/weeks later.
I consider Max Brooks Zombie survival guide and World War Z to be the top authority on zombies. And Max Brooks says zombies do not run.
At least they dont sprint like in 28 days later.
A zombie has the same physical abilities as they did before they were infected. But after turning into a zombie they lose a whole lot of coordination and movement skills. Which is why they cannot run. They arent so slow that you could casually walk away, but they wont give you much of a chase either.
Just imagine yourself trying to run with two numb legs or something.
And they dont really have the hand-eye coordination to give a punch to the face either, they'll just claw out until they grab whatever part of you they can get hold of.
Zombies are only as strong as the person they were before, the only difference is, they dont feel pain, and they dont get tired.
So if you lock yourself in a room, that zombie will continue to pound that door or window until it breaks. Or at least for as long as the zombie thinks you're still in there.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 03:04 pm
Chai wrote:
Linkat wrote:
All you need to do is to shoot the suckers in the head. At first it would be difficult with so many dead people crawling out of the graves, but once you set up some sort of system where some one is guarding with lots of ammo and shoots them as they come near.

As all the zombies are "killed", when living people die - simply either cremate them or shoot them in the head immediately - problem solved.

It seems easy in theory, but in practice things get get dinky dau fast.

Remember, zombie's never get tired, or have to take a piss, or feel like looking around.

Zombies are attracted to any sound a human makes and because they have no distractions, will hear something very faint, even if you're trying to be silent.

Once one zombie knows a living being is there, many more will follow because zombie make a moaning sound when they sense you.

Problem is, they come at you from 360 degrees. A single person would not stand a chance, not if hundreds or thousands where coming at your at one time.

In "World War Z - An Oral History of the Zombie Wars" One person relates how he was with a group of seasons zombie killers (including a nun) who formed a large circular baracade, with a shooters positioned elbow to elbow around the interior, with people whose sole job was reloading, cleaning and maintaining weapons, and others who were there to replace fatigued gunners every couple of hours.

They shot non stop for days, each person averaging a shot every 3 or 4 seconds.. As the zombie bodies piled up, more just kept climbing crawling over the heap.

I suppose it depends on the amount of live people vs. zombies. I was just thinking with the number of live people say in a neighborhood - you could have a hundred or more - if you planned it right you could do it.

How about climbing a tree and sleeping in it? I didn't think zombies were apt climbers. Just some thoughts.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 03:06 pm
Well I will have to save this conversation will be very helpful for that one fateful day.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 06:02 am
silly....zombies don't stay in their neighborhoods.

true they don't climb trees, but what do you do when your ammo runs out and there's a few of them hanging around the bottom of the tree?

They aren't going to go away.

You need a sickle to cut off their heads in that event.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 12:00 pm
Chai wrote:
silly....zombies don't stay in their neighborhoods.

true they don't climb trees, but what do you do when your ammo runs out and there's a few of them hanging around the bottom of the tree?

They aren't going to go away.

You need a sickle to cut off their heads in that event.

Great idea - a sickle!

I remember one zombie movie where the zombies all flocked to the mall - the live people discussed that is where they spent alot of their living time so it was natural for them to return.

So avoid malls. Go to places like the dentist office where no one living or dead wants to go - the zombies will avoid it.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 09:27:21