If zombie movies turned out to be true...

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 08:37 pm
...how would you survive?

The most logical is to get a boat and find a very small tropical island where you can grow your own food.

If I can't get to an island, I would just practice my shooting, live off beer and weed.

Zombies would be easy to get around unless they're the zombies from the new Dawn of the Dead ....them bastards were friggin' fast!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,169 • Replies: 24
No top replies

Chai

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 08:46 pm
You wouldn't be safe on an island.

Zombies would just walk around under water. What do they care?

In fact, one of the most dangerous things that can happen is falling in the water where other people are drowning. They will become zombies and that would be the end of you too.

Stupid people who think it will be safe on an island will be subject to drowning, since too many people will try to get onto the boats, which will capsize.

Use your head, will ya?

I suggest you read the Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks, and the Oral History of the Zombie War, by the same author.

BTW, just learned the other day that Max is Mel's son.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 08:54 pm
I'm really hoping for zombies. I can't picture humans accidentally raising the dead though. Like through some science mishap.

So I just hope the devil's been working on something. I don't think anyone's seen him for a while.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 09:05 pm
If you're going to come up with such off the cuff explanations for zombies, I fear for your safety.

The devil....really now.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 09:22 pm
I have lots of zombie dreams. So I would challenge I am the most qualified authority here.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 09:31 pm
SCoates wrote:
I have lots of zombie dreams. So I would challenge I am the most qualified authority here.

I challenge that statement.
Zombies in Australia

Adelaide
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=R-4eVdaQCmY&feature=related

Brisbane
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gNdZ0icVxUU&feature=related

Sydney
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uTQCJGllHos&feature=related

Apparently the Canadians started it.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 09:36 pm
"Zombies in Austrailia" is more of a topic than a valid argument.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 07:16 am
oh scoates...you're on fool.

quick, start throwing zombie questions at us A2Kers.

we'll let the people decide.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 09:55 am
All right. Is it safe to eat zombie meat?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 10:07 am
Ah....that is a raging debate.

However, I lean on the side of NO.

Zombie flesh is dead, and in most cases has been out in the elements long enough to be at least partially rotted.

What if, you ask, your friend just this moment became a zombie, and the meat is fresh?

Well, if I were near the point of starvation, I would at that moment take a piece of thigh, and cook it well.

I would never, under any circumstance, eat a zombie brain.

Here's one for you....

Can a zombies mind (what little there is) be harnessed to perform menial tasks under close supervision?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 10:11 am
Primotivo wrote:
If zombie movies turned out to be true...

I'd stop making jokes. The funny guy is the one that almost makes it to the end of the movie.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 10:13 am
I have my suspicions that the OP is a zombie trying to lure us where he can eat out our brains.

Good. So I would survive by feeding the zombies plenty of beer and weed, so that they are slow as ****.

I'll be at the bar.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 10:16 am
Excellent response, Chai. The primary concern is usually whether eating the meat might cause one to catch the disease. Thuroughly cooked meat will never "turn" someone, but in a survivor situation it may mean the difference between life and death.

In response to your question--the movies are a bit misleading on this subject. The zombie's "mind" is no longer, itself, dynamic, but subject to regressive limbic impulses. This means that patterns learned in the zombie's life MAY remain intact enough to be randomly processed. But there's no stability nor consistency, and a zombie can certainly never be TRAINED, as the brain is forming no new pathways.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 10:29 am
Chai wrote:

Can a zombies mind (what little there is) be harnessed to perform menial tasks under close supervision?

yes this is done regularily... the common term for a zombie of this nature is husband.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 11:00 am
Oh. Maybe it was a trick question.
0 Replies

helmi15

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 01:33 pm
I guess there is a question, which has to be clarified.

How do zombies occure?
What is the cause why they are suddenly appear on mother earth. It is due to an illness from outer space or has it to do with ancient faiths?
Are there more possible causes of a planet full of zombies? Shocked
0 Replies

Primotivo

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 11:09 am
To really clearify something. A zombie is technically a mindless person that is usually in control and orginates from Voodoo.

The things you see in these movies 28 days later dawn of the dead day of the dead land of the dead resident evil etc. All have 1 thing in common a infection from some bacteria so though they're considered zombies they usually were regular people that caught some kind of virus infection.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 12:05 pm
All you need to do is to shoot the suckers in the head. At first it would be difficult with so many dead people crawling out of the graves, but once you set up some sort of system where some one is guarding with lots of ammo and shoots them as they come near.

As all the zombies are "killed", when living people die - simply either cremate them or shoot them in the head immediately - problem solved.
0 Replies

Primotivo

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 01:04 pm
Easier said than done if you "kill" them by shooting them in the head. It's a harder target to shoot them in the head if the zombies run and run very fast!

And after watching the Dawn of the Dead movies...I'm always scared going into an elevator all alone. Shocked
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 01:23 pm
Linkat wrote:
All you need to do is to shoot the suckers in the head. At first it would be difficult with so many dead people crawling out of the graves, but once you set up some sort of system where some one is guarding with lots of ammo and shoots them as they come near.

As all the zombies are "killed", when living people die - simply either cremate them or shoot them in the head immediately - problem solved.

It seems easy in theory, but in practice things get get dinky dau fast.

Remember, zombie's never get tired, or have to take a piss, or feel like looking around.

Zombies are attracted to any sound a human makes and because they have no distractions, will hear something very faint, even if you're trying to be silent.

Once one zombie knows a living being is there, many more will follow because zombie make a moaning sound when they sense you.

Problem is, they come at you from 360 degrees. A single person would not stand a chance, not if hundreds or thousands where coming at your at one time.

In "World War Z - An Oral History of the Zombie Wars" One person relates how he was with a group of seasons zombie killers (including a nun) who formed a large circular baracade, with a shooters positioned elbow to elbow around the interior, with people whose sole job was reloading, cleaning and maintaining weapons, and others who were there to replace fatigued gunners every couple of hours.

They shot non stop for days, each person averaging a shot every 3 or 4 seconds.. As the zombie bodies piled up, more just kept climbing crawling over the heap.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » If zombie movies turned out to be true...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 03:47:59