did you like the marines?

roger

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 05:04 pm
Setanta wrote:
Linkat wrote:
That is why the motto is true for this particular branch - "The few the proud, the Marines."

Oh Jesus . . . that's not a motto, it's an advertising slogan dreamed up by a Madison Avenue firm feeding at the public trough, and selling the Marine Corps on television.

The motto of the United States Marine Corps is Semper Fidelis--"forever faithful."

Oh, Hell. I always thought is was Simplerfy
0 Replies

dixieland10

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2008 10:53 pm
i exaggerated a little to get out but i tried to get out on a hardship but either your mother or your father or sister, brother, etc. has to be on their deathbed before they let you out on that. i was very depressed though. i will not lie about that. my family has a history with that. i am taking medication for it now though. they don't have a discharge where you just tell them i quit so you have to get their attention and then i told them i know the marines and i would benefit from me getting out. kind of a i'm in the middle of something i don't wish to continue.
0 Replies

dixieland10

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2008 11:05 pm
Re: did you like the marines?
i don't believe i fooled them. they definately had an idea what i was doing but i still had a problem though. i exaggerated but i'm not looking for sympathy though. just wanted to see how other people felt about it. i served 2 years and i served well. being a female marine is not easy by any means and do salute the ones who are still fighting.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 12:30 pm
dixieland10 wrote:
i don't believe i fooled them. they definately had an idea what i was doing but i still had a problem though. i exaggerated but i'm not looking for sympathy though. just wanted to see how other people felt about it. i served 2 years and i served well. being a female marine is not easy by any means and do salute the ones who are still fighting.

The Marines (and for that matter other branches of the armed forces) are not for everyone. Some people thrive on it, some people do well in it, some people do o-k and get by and others have a very difficult time with it. The one thing I wish was that the recruiters are a bit more honest and up front with it so that people who it is so hard on do not enlist.
0 Replies

dixieland10

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 09:03 pm
The Marines (and for that matter other branches of the armed forces) are not for everyone. Some people thrive on it, some people do well in it, some people do o-k and get by and others have a very difficult time with it. The one thing I wish was that the recruiters are a bit more honest and up front with it so that people who it is so hard on do not enlist.[/quote]

i agree with that statement. i wasn't going to join in the first place, but the thing that made me was that my recruiter told me i would be charged if i didn't go to meps to swear in because they had already spent 3000 dollars on me to go to get all my physicals and **** done. recruiters are very tricky. they will stretch the truth as far as possible to get someone to join any service.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 07:52:29