Stinkin' Winter Blues

kickycan

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 11:34 am
Yeah, that actually does sound like a pretty good job. Although, then I'd be forced into conversations about the weather all the time. I have a friend who has a habit of going on and on about the weather, and he's incredibly boring. I wonder how much meteorologists make?
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 11:56 am
Meteorologists get all the babes.

I think it's their sly method of seduction via innuendo. For example, "The barometric pressure isn't the only thing that's rising right now, baby. By which I'm implying, blood is flowing into and elongating my genitals."
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 12:24 pm
Gargamel wrote:
Meteorologists get all the babes.

I think it's their sly method of seduction via innuendo. For example, "The barometric pressure isn't the only thing that's rising right now, baby. By which I'm implying, blood is flowing into and elongating my genitals."

Laughing so laughing

my ex (bless him) was a meteorolgist - he used to talk about colpuscian rays and heilechen shines (or something like that).

Your lines are a lot funnier Laughing
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 12:46 pm
I've heard Meteoroligists pretty much guess at the weather and hope they get it right. I guess those'd be educated guesses. Some of the ones I've seen on TV are pretty dorky-- But, they are always chipper-chipper.

As for getting the babes...are you sure? What babe wants to date a cheery guy who uses words like "precipitation" or who gesticulates wildly to show the movement of air currents?
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 01:00 pm
"There must be a low pressure system moving through this karaoke bar, sexy legs, because it's getting hot in here."
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 01:13 pm
kickycan wrote:
Yeah, that actually does sound like a pretty good job. Although, then I'd be forced into conversations about the weather all the time. I have a friend who has a habit of going on and on about the weather, and he's incredibly boring. I wonder how much meteorologists make?

But isn't weather the safe topic, especially among strangers?

I talk about it when I want to avoid certain topics (not always, as in posting it here, because everyone is scattered to and fro)...Plus it's so convenient to blame things on the weather.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 01:21 pm
Very safe topic the weather Laughing (especially with strangers)!
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 01:25 pm
Izzie wrote:

Izzie, when you say "bless him"...you know, in the the south of the U.S. they have an expression "bless her/his heart", which is a friendly way of saying they're pathetic. So is that what you mean too? Cause your ex sounds like he might have been a little buttoned up?
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 01:30 pm
Gala wrote:
Izzie wrote:

Izzie, when you say "bless him"...you know, in the the south of the U.S. they have an expression "bless her/his heart", which is a friendly way of saying they're pathetic. So is that what you mean too? Cause your ex sounds like he might have been a little buttoned up?

Hey there

Over here we use it as an endearing expression. (The ex is actually a good guy)

So if I say "bless you" - don't think I'm calling you pathetic ok Shocked Laughing

(bless you)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 01:35 pm
Back to Basics.

This is the fifth inconvenient snow fall since late November.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 01:37 pm
Hi Noddy

No snow here - just rain, rain and more rain Sad
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 01:52 pm
Izzie--

Well I remember the winter rains of Cornwall.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 02:19 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Back to Basics.

This is the fifth inconvenient snow fall since late November.

How do remember? Yesterday, when the stuff was coming down a few people made similar observations about snow falls so far this year.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 02:23 pm
Smile Noddy - think he's being a bit cheeky! Laughing
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 02:23 pm
Izzie wrote:
Hey there

Over here we use it as an endearing expression. (The ex is actually a good guy)

So if I say "bless you" - don't think I'm calling you pathetic ok Shocked Laughing

I'm especially glad to hear your former husband isn't pathetic.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 02:25 pm
bless you Laughing
0 Replies

plantress

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 06:10 pm
Yes, a very american southern gal thing is to say something like; "she just wasn't ever given any good sense, bless her heart"-so the little catty zinger is followed by a loving little pat so to speak
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2008 08:53 am
Izzie--

He means well, bless his heart.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 07:13 am
plantress wrote:
Yes, a very american southern gal thing is to say something like; "she just wasn't ever given any good sense, bless her heart"-so the little catty zinger is followed by a loving little pat so to speak

plantress, I read Bless Your Heart, Tramp! after a nice southerner recommended it.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 09:00 am
Laughing
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 11:40:40